Akademie Street Guesthouses in Franschhoek offer five star guest house accommodation in four unique buildings.
All situated on the same beautiful property in a quiet area of the village Franschhoek in the heart of the Cape Winelands.
In summer the sun shines warmly on the Akademie Street guest house collection.
Three of the buildings have their own sun-kissed swimming pool and shady, private gardens where one can lie in privacy.
* Hire bicycles and explore
* Go fly fishing
* Play golf nearby - Boschenmeer
* Play tennis even at night
* Walk around the outskirts or in the nature reserve in the mountains overlooking the village.
* Go wine tasting on horse back or just ride through the vineyards and fynbos Paradise Stables
* Visit the valley museums
* Visit a gallery or pottery studio
* Visit the wine farms
* Go for a guided walk with a historian or a geologist
* Pamper yourself at one of the many health spas
* Visit the chocolate factory
* In summer time listen to jazz every Friday evening
* Take a scenic helicopter trip
* Sit at the side walk cafes and watch the world go by
* Shop at the villages antique shops
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 999 days before arrival, forfeit R200.00.
Is a gloriously spacious double storey guest house with a wide balcony and superb mountain views over the Franschhoek Winelands. It has an extra large loft incorporating the bed/dressing/sitting room with an extra length king size bed (or twin beds on prior notice), TV and en-suite bathroom. This is guest house accommodation at its most spacious in a quiet corner of the balcony of this Franschhoek guest house a Victorian bath rests under the tree tops. Downstairs is a large lounge and kitchenette with French doors leading out onto a verandah with a pool and fountain garden.
An 1860’s cottage with two en-suite bedrooms, kitchen, dinign room and lounge with sun and shade gardens with own swimming pool. Max Guests: 3.
This private, upstairs suite is wonderfully comfortable and spacious but has no access to a pool as do the others. French doors open onto a sun-baked balcony with a lovely view of the mountains. Max Guests: 2.
En suite bedroom, there is a small kitchenette and French doors open onto a wide veranda with beautiful garden and private pool. One can lounge on the leather sofa on the porch listening to the birds and the singing of the fountain. Max Guests: 2.
One of two suites in our Cape Dutch style cottage. This is a plush one bedroom suite on the first floor, complete with separate dressing room and luxurious free standing bath. Indulgence continues with the private sun drenched balcony and outdoor fireplace.
Travel to Franschhoek.
Drive through Franschhoek until the end of town the monument in front of you
The second road is Akademie Street - turn left (You cannot go right)
Come to reception at Twyfeling, under the big oak trees.
(You will see the Akademie Street Guesthouses sign outside Twyfeling)