African Silhouette Guesthouse, situated 20 km from O R Tambo Airport in Benoni (on the border of Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa), is an oasis of peace and tranquility in a hustle-and-bustle world.
Surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, this charming guesthouse offers comfortable en-suite bedrooms, each with its own secret garden and privet entrence. Each room includes a kettle, tea and coffee, a mini fridge stocked with traditional snacks and drinks, DSTV, MNet and TKCtv, a fan, heater and writing desk, as well as international power points and wireless internet connection.
Nutritious, home-cooked meals are served in the cozy dining room or in the garden, if the guests prefers. The spacious Boma is a wonderful place to gather around a roaring fire in the evenings, or to relax and enjoy the sound of birdsong during the day.
Throughout the guesthouse, nature flows freely, and the serenity of the countryside, the warm ambience, comfortable beds and good food ensures that each and every guest enjoys a special and relaxing stay. Owner and Hostess, Susan Valentine, ensures that all visitors to African Silhouette, be they business travelers or honeymoon couples, are warmly welcomed with love and treated with great care, so that they leave well rested and refreshed.
Facilities at African Silhouette Guesthouse:
- Wedding Venue
- Wedding Planning
- Make up artist
- On site catering
- Garden Weddings
- Honeymoon Suite
- Romantic Hide away
- Country living
- Long term occupancy
- Green Living
- Petach Tiqvah : Door of Hope
- Traditional South African Weddings
- Arts and crafts: Collages, Scrapbooking, Mosaic, Cake Decorating, Floral Art
Accommodation at Africcan Silhouette Guesthouse:
We offer en-suite bedrooms, each boasting its own outside shower its secret garden. The rooms can easily be converted to Double beds or single beds, whatever the desire of the guests. Each room provides the following:
- Bar fridge (stocked with traditional snacks, ginger beer, cold drinks etc)
- Television (DSTV)
- International power points
- writing table for businessmen/woman
- Outside shower and garden
- Inside bath, basin and toilet
- Smokers corners available outside the rooms
- Driving range (7 min)
- East Rand Mall (30 min)
- Shopping Centers (Oakfields) (10 min)
- Emporers Palace (20 min)
- Garden Centers and nurseries (5 and 10 min)
- Equestrian Estates (5 min)
- Equestrian International : (15 min)
- Boksburg Bunny Park (20 min)
- Corporate Business Parks (15 min)
- 4x4 Quad dirt road (Erora) 15 min away
- Kempton Park Golf Course and Country club (20 min)
- Benoni Country Club and Golf course (20 min)
- Restaurants (Lakeside Mall, Northmead Square (10-20 min)
- Less than 7 days, forfeit the full deposit
- From 7 to 14 days, forfeit 75% of the deposit
- From 14 to 21 days, forfeit 50% of the deposit
- From 21 to 28 days, forteit 25% of the deposit
- 29 days or more, forteit 10% of deposit
From O R Tambo International Airport :
- Take R21 to Pretoria, get of at Pomona Road Offramp, turn Right, at the Traffic Light and go over the Highway again.
- Follow the Road until you reach a traffic light at High Road, Pomona Road and 3rd Road, on the right is a dam, cross OVER HIGH ROAD and follow in 3rd Road.
- (Engen Garage on left. Bredel Supermarket on left) - Follow 3rd road until you reach 9th Road. At that Traffic Light turn left, follow on 9th Road until you reach Kiaat (also at the sign that indicates MARISTER).
- Turn right into Kiaat, pass over Meyer and at next street, and stop street, Turn RIGHT into Vorster. At the very next road turning out of Vorster Street, Turn RIGHT into KAREE Avenue.
- We are situated on the left hand side of the road, 3rd Entrance in Karee Ave, facing the Thatch Roof Guesthouse.