Situated close to the quaint Karoo town of Montagu, just 2.5 hours from Cape Town, and on the popular Route 62, African Game Lodge is located in the heart of the most spectacular, dramatic scenery of the Little Karoo mountains and valleys.
African Game Lodge is ideally suited for nature enthusiasts, bird lovers, mountain biking and nature hikes. We offer comfortable self-catering or full board accommodation on a private nature reserve.
Our accommodation consists of well-appointed thatch chalets with lovely views over the plains and mountains for those who want to enjoy Nature at her best.
Lodge Facilities include a swimming pool, boma, pool table and darts, bar, comfortable visitors lounge as well as self-drive trails.
For weekend breakaways, time for the soul, and nature-enthusiasts, African Game Lodge is the forgotten gem of the Little Karoo. If you love the environment as much as we do, you will be pleased to know that we are completely off the grid, powered by the energy of the sun.
Accommodation at African Game Lodge:
Each well-appointed thatched chalet accommodates four guests and consists of two bedrooms (one with a romantic double bed and the other with two beds), a comfortable lounge, kitchen equipped with basic amenities for self-catering purposes, fridge/freezer and gas stove, modern bathroom with bath and shower facilities, and a large porch designed to overlook the vast landscapes and passing wildlife.
Each chalet is equipped with its own braai/barbeque facilities.
Towels and Linen are provided, and the chalets are serviced.
We also do have meal options available. Bookings are essential.
- We offer Nature and Game Viewing Drives daily.
- You can join us daily for a Cheetah Awareness Program where you learn about these endangered creatures and what is being done to ensure their survival in the wild.
- There are endless trails for hiking, walking, mountain biking, bird spotting and self drive trails.
- There is a wonderful dam where you can swim or watch the birds.
- In the area, there is plenty to do including the popular Tractor Rides, Wine Tasting, visiting the famous Route 62 and exploring the quaint town of Montagu.
From Cape Town to African Game Lodge, Montagu
- Follow the N1 through to Worcester from Cape Town
- Turn right at the Worcester/Robertson turnoff
- Turn left onto the R60 to Robertson and throught to Ashton
- Continue straight which will become the R 62 to Montagu
- In Montagu continue straight on Long Street towards Barrydale.
- approximately 1Km outside of the town you will see a signboard indicating to turn left onto Talana Road for African Game Lodge.
- Travel for approximately 1km till you reach the next signboard. Turn left here where you will start on a dirt road, called Ouberg Pad.
- Continue for approximately 16km, until you reach a sign for Driekuilshoogte Pad- Turn right here at the African Game Lodge Sign.
- Continue on Driekuilshoogte Pad for an estimated 10km to the gate of African Game Lodge
- Travel through the gate and continue on the road for approximately 3km which will lead you to the reception.
As there is no cell phone reception during the last stages of your drive, kindly contact us when leaving Montagu, so that, should you take an extremely long time to get to African Game Lodge, we can meet you en route and offer any necessary assistance.
The gate is not automatic so please kindly manually open and close gate behind you.
Our Co-ordinates are: 33 43 23.70" S and 20 21 07.84" E