Situated close to the quaint Karoo town of Montagu, just 2.5 hours from Cape Town, and on the popular Route 62, African Game Lodge is located in the heart of the most spectacular, dramatic scenery of the Little Karoo mountains and valleys.
African Game Lodge
is ideally suited for nature enthusiasts, bird lovers, mountain biking and nature hikes. We offer comfortable self-catering or full board accommodation on a private nature reserve.
Our accommodation consists of well-appointed thatch chalets with lovely views over the plains and mountains for those who want to enjoy Nature at her best.
Lodge Facilities include a swimming pool, boma, pool table and darts, bar, comfortable visitors lounge as well as self-drive trails.
For weekend breakaways, time for the soul, and nature-enthusiasts, African Game Lodge is the forgotten gem of the Little Karoo. If you love the environment as much as we do, you will be pleased to know that we are completely off the grid, powered by the energy of the sun.
Accommodation at African Game Lodge:
Each well-appointed thatched chalet accommodates four guests and consists of two bedrooms (one with a romantic double bed and the other with two ¾ beds), a comfortable lounge, kitchen equipped with basic amenities for self-catering purposes, fridge/freezer and gas stove, modern bathroom with bath and shower facilities, and a large porch designed to overlook the vast landscapes and passing wildlife.
Each chalet is equipped with its own braai/barbeque facilities.
Towels and Linen are provided, and the chalets are serviced.
We also do have meal options available. Bookings are essential.
African Game Lodge Activities:
- We offer Nature and Game Viewing Drives daily.
- You can join us daily for a Cheetah Awareness Program where you learn about these endangered creatures and what is being done to ensure their survival in the wild.
- There are endless trails for hiking, walking, mountain biking, bird spotting and self drive trails.
- There is a wonderful dam where you can swim or watch the birds.
- In the area, there is plenty to do including the popular Tractor Rides, Wine Tasting, visiting the famous Route 62 and exploring the quaint town of Montagu.
Click to display the map
Clothing & Accessories:
- Closed hiking shoes are recommended if you are going to do hiking, bird spotting or nature trails.
- Sunglasses, hat or cap and sun protection cream are essential.
- Mosquito cream.
- Towels for swimming are provided.
Health & Climate:
The reserve is in a malaria free area. In summer we can have very hot days, so it is essential to take water with you when you go walking, and to wear a hat.
African Game Lodge Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
A beautiful peaceful place to stay. Very comfortable accommodation. Best of all the ranger Munwah (not sure about spelling of his name) is not just very knowledgeable but also a delightful person. We loved our stay here.
Rating: Reviewed by Margaret McDonald on 5 December 2017