Acorn Guest House
- Warm, welcoming and capturing a bygone era with flair, Colin and Esther offer true South African hospitality in the heart of George and the Garden Route. A great service that we provide is free 24 hour wired or wireless internet access. Come play golf and enjoy our delicious breakfast in the crisp morning sun at our pool area.
Facilities and Services:
- Free 24 hour wireless internet access
- Fax, telephone and computer
- Laundry facilities
- Safe parking behind wall
- Credit card facilities
- Air conditioners in superior rooms
- Safes in all the rooms
- Heaters and fans in standard rooms
- DSTV decoder for each room
- Airport transfers (10 minutes)
Accommodation at Acorn Guest House:
We are within walking distance to excellent restaurants. The rooms are decorated with flair and style, each with its own DSTV decoder for satellite television, complimentary sherry and fresh flowers. Parking is secure behind a wall. Different rooms are available, inclusive of breakfast and all taxes.
Our standard rooms are situated inside the house and all rooms have an en-suite bathroom with bar fridge and microwave. The superior rooms are outside the house with private entrances and a balcony/patio that walk out to the pool area with views of the Outeniqua mountains. These rooms are spacious, with king-size beds (which can be converted to twins), self-catering facilities, air-conditioners, spa-baths and showers, heated bathroom floors and electrical towel rails. A honeymoon and wheelchair friendly room is available.
Attractions and Tours:
George is quite central in the Southern Cape, an excellent choice to use as your home while playing golf or traveling to all the local tourist destinations in Knysna or Mossel Bay. All these towns are just 45 minutes away. From here you can explore the scenic beaches, majestic mountains and lakes, do some whale watching, shark cage diving, paragliding and spend a holiday of a lifetime at our home! Colin, a friendly easy going person, is also a registered tour operator and can assist you in your day trips and bookings - whether it is self drive or guided tours.
The Garden Route is famous for all the excellent golf courses. George Golf Course is rated as one of the top courses in South Africa and because of our excellent weather conditions; this stunning green course is playable all year round. During our winter months we can book 5 courses in our area for half price! Please ask us.