is situated in Beaufort West. Beaufort West welcomes visitors who wish to study its fascinating ecology. It has been said the Karoo is not so much a place as a feeling.
When you come to the Karoo, it captures your soul and actually flees with it, and by the time when your visit is over you realize that it has taken over. With clean air and the beautiful sun sets you will not even want to go back to where you came from. It leaves footprints in you memory and plays with your senses.
It offers you a glimpse into the Anglo-Boer War. With this town being the oldest in the Central Karoo, you will be able to hear many interesting stories about the Boer-War that took place through this majestic landscape. Professor Chris Barnard the famous heart surgeon is honoured in three historic buildings, all national monuments, which make up Beaufort West`s museums. All gifts awards and presentations made to Chris Barnard are on display in the old town hall, which was built shortly after Beaufort West was proclaimed South Africa`s first municipality in 1837. It too is now part of the museum.
Beaufort West is the centre of an agricultural district based mainly on sheep farming, and is a significant town on the N1 national road.
Accommodation at Aandblom Gastehuis:
This spacious suite has a private entrance and consists of an open-plan sleeping area and a full private bathroom.
- Queen bed
- Tea and Coffee Facilities
- Bar Fridge
- Hair Dryer
- Television with DStv
- Garden View
No Smoking in the rooms.
The room with its own entrance and spacious bathroom will defnitely motivate you to visit Aandblom Gastehuis again and again. This room have a Queen bed.
This private room with its own entrance have all you want after a long drive to the Karoo. It is a spacious room with a garden view. This room is newly renovated. We promise a good night rest.
Aandblom Gastehuis Activities:
- Adventure Sports X-ventures
- Association for People with Disabilities (APD) Handcraft made by persons with disabilities, for sale
- Beaufort West Walk Explore the historical buildings of Beaufort West on this self guided walk
- Beaufort West Museum Complex
- Birding Spot unique birds with Karoo Birding Safaris
- Bow Hunting Discover a different style of hunting at Leeuwkloof Safaris
- Donkey Cart Trips The traditional mode of transportation in the Karoo
- Fossil Exploring, Karoo National Park
- 4 x 4 Trails Several places offer a unique experience for the 4 x 4 enthusiast
- Game drives Karoo National Park, Bergplaats, Teri Moya Game Lodge, Koka Tsara Bush Camp, Steenbokkie Private Nature Reserve
- Golf Course Enjoy a round of golf under the blue Karoo skies, on one of the Karoo's few green golf courses
- Guided Day Trips African Kombi Tours, Karoo Reisen, Karoo Spirit, Karoo Birding Safaris.
- Helicopter flights Charter, scenic flights, short flips with Cillair
- Hiking Trails Karoo National Park, Bergplaats, The Vale Karoo Farm, Hillandale, Koka Tsara
- Horseback riding
- Hunting Various farms in the area offer hunt
- Karoo Culture Monthly events at the Arts & Craft Village
- Karoo Highlands Route An Open Africa Initiative: self drive route
- Mountain biking The remoteness of the Karoo and its dirt roads are favoured by many mountain bikers!
- Olive Farms & Products Take a tour or buy products at Olive Grove Guest farm
- Quad biking Various guest farms provide quad bike riding
- Rock Art Visit the rock engraving complex at Nelspoort
- Scenic Drives Molteno Pass, De Jager's Pass, Teekloof Pass, Oukloof Pass and others! -- Solitude Enjoy the solitude and tranquility that only the Karoo offers!
- Spinwiel Antique Shop & Village Museum Step into a time gone by... The best kept secret in Beaufort West!
- Stargazing Find a comfortable place to lie under the stars and marvel at our amazing night skies, often so clear that it feels like you can reach out and pick a star
- Taste the Unique Karoo Flavours The Karoo is renowned for its excellent cuisine - come and savour its unique flavours at one of our local fine restaurants.
Click to display the map
Aandblom Gastehuis Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 3
Beautiful, clean and got everything you need. Friendly people. Quiet, for a good nights rest.
Rating: Reviewed by Ronï¿½l Griesel on 17 August 2018
We so enjoyed our stay at Aandblom. Our host was delightful and surprised us with delicious freshly prepared pancakes. Our room was beautifully decorated and sooooo comfortable. What we also enjoyed was the peace and quiet. We would also recommend going on a donkey cart tour.
Rating: Reviewed by Thelma Pieterse over a year ago
Lovely room and super bathroom. Helpful owners and easy to find. Thanks so much.
Rating: Reviewed by Donald Wagner over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Aandblom Gastehuis:
Accommodation options within 8km from Aandblom Gastehuis include:
Guest Rating: (6 reviews)
Located in the heart of Beaufort-West, Old House Lodge is a well preserved Karoo homestead dating from the early 1900’s. It has a serene old world charm and luxury, surrounding its guests with the warmth of the Karoo hospitality.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
La Paix (means peace in French) is situated in a quiet suburb in Beaufort West. Our location is easy to find and conveniently situated. La Paix presently has 7 units, some self catering. All units have DSTV, air conditioning, bar fridge.
Guest Rating: (19 reviews)
Beaufort West is in the heart of the Great Karoo and an ideal stop-over for travellers between Cape Town and Johannesburg.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (10 reviews)
The popular self catering and B&B accommodation is situated in the up market and peaceful area in the highest street of Beaufort West. We are 1.1km away from the city centre and the N1 Highway Cape Town - Johannesburg.
Young's Halfway House offers affordable accommodation conveniently situated in Beaufort West, halfway between Cape Town and Johannesburg. Ideally for families and the best budget stop over.
per person sharing