Come and enjoy the comfort, peace and tranquility of Aan Die Oewer Bed & Breakfast exquisite 3-star facilities and top-class service. Our Guest House in Graaff Reinet offers Bed and Breakfast and Self Catering Accommodation at affordable rates.
Situated on the banks of the Sundays River in a quiet part of this historical town, Aan Die Oewer Bed & Breakfast offers both B&B (full English breakfast available) and self-catering options with all the essentials. The 3 family units and 5 single units all have private entrances, en-suite bathrooms, DSTV sports and movie channels, air-conditioning, braai facilities and secure parking.
The pool and lapa areas are ideal for a cold, refreshing drink on a hot summer`s day and can also be utilised as a unique conference facility for smaller groups of up to twenty people. Visitors at Aan Die Oewer Bed & Breakfast can enjoy breath taking views of the surrounding mountains and game reserve or enjoy the comforting shade of the old oak tree overlooking a large play area for the kids.
Graaff-Reinet and surrounds offer various leisure and sports activities, as well as a number of restaurants. Or at night it might be enough to just experience the peace and quiet of staring at the endless, star-studded Karoo sky.
Accommodation at Aan Die Oewer Bed & Breakfast:
Aan die Oewer is a Graaff Reinet B&B that also offers self catering accommodation in eight suites one of them a fully equipped family cottage.
Situated in the quietest part of Graaff Reinet, this Guest House takes pride in providing comfort and a sense of well-being. Each well appointed suite leads onto a veranda where a guest can quietly sit and enjoy the silence, or walk down the steps into the shade of a large oak tree. Perhaps you will be lucky and see a kudu wandering in the adjoining Nature Reserve.
The property has an air of serene simplicity and the large garden has a swimming pool, ideal to cool off on a hot Karoo afternoon.
While there are many good restaurants in town, braai facilities have been provided for those who just want to sit around a fire in the beautiful Karoo evenings.
The thatched roof Lapa next to the pool is the ideal open-air conference venue in Graaff-Reinet. It can accommodate up to 20 guests.
Children are welcome to enjoy the play area in the garden under the oak tree, they will also love feeding the carp that swim in the dam just below the veranda. Come and enjoy our warm and friendly accommodation in Graaff Reinet, South Africa.
- 3-star Accommodation
- Private entrances
- Safe off street parking onsite
- Tea/coffee making facilities in rooms
- Clean linen and towels are provided daily
- Televisions in rooms
- Braai facilities
- Outdoor pool, towels
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine (on-site)
- Tumble dryer (on-site)
- Poolside Lapa ideal for conferences and meetings for up to 20 guests
- Game drives (less than 30km)
- Hunting package available during hunting season
- Nature trail
- Restaurants (less than 5km)
- Tours can be arranged to the townships, farms with fossils and bushmen paintings in caves
- See the Valley of Desolation in Graaff-Reinet
Game drives can be arranged to the nearby Camdeboo National Game Park
- Drive straight into town untill you reach a T-Junction. Turn right at the T-Junction. You will see our sign on the right hand side of the road. Turn left at sign. We are located on the bend of the street on your right.
From Port-Elizabeth / Cape Town:
- Drive into town past the Police Training College ( on your right ). Drive over the bridge in Church Street. Turn left at West Street.
- Follow West Street over 2 stop Streets. About 100 metres from the second stop street, You will see our sign on the right hand side of the road. Turn left at sign. We are located on the bend of the street on your right.
From Middelburg / Johannesburg:
-Drive into town until you reach a T- Junction. Turn right at the T- Junction. - You are now in Somerset Street.
- Follow Somerset Street over Church Street ( 4 way stop ) - Follow Somerset Street over Bourke Street ( 4 way stop ). Follow Somerset Street over Speedbump in front of school and turn left at next corner.
- You are now in Stockenstroom Street. Follow Stockenstroom Street until you reach a T-Junction. Turn right at the T-Junction. You will see our sign on the right hand side of the road.
- Turn left at sign. We are located on the bend of the street on your right.