The warmest hospitality awaits you at this working wine and rose farm, situated 10 km from the historic town of Stellenbosch. From your private B&B or Self Catering accommodation, awake to the sound of birds singing in the spacious, established garden. Surrounded by rose plantations, vineyards, orchards and breathtaking views (including Stellenbosch mountains) this is a paradise for nature lovers, a haven where guests can unwind and rediscover inner peace.
Aan-den-Weg B&B, the ideal base from which families and wine enthusiasts alike can explore the Peninsula and Cape Winelands, is situated in the quiet valley of Stellenbosch Kloof - the heart of the Stellenbosch Wine Route, only 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport. This is a perfect place to begin or bring to close, your vacation of tranquility.
The guesthouse is personally owner-managed by Petra Joubert, who with her passion for people, thorough attention to detail and personalised service, goes out of her way to make guests feel most welcome and comfortable. Having lived on the farm and in Stellenbosch for many years, Petra offers the additional service of having an intimite knowledge of the surrounding area and activities available, ensuring an unforgetable stay.
Petra and husband Nicky, 4th generation of the Joubert family to farm this farm, live in the home built by his grandfather in 1930. Aan-den-Weg means `On the road` as their farm is situated on the historic wagon route that, in days gone by, farmers from the surrounding area, took to Cape Town. The Jouberts proudly share this creation and heritage with local and international guests - its far too special and beautiful to keep to themselves!
After spending a few peaceful nights at Aan-den-Weg, you too will feel as rejuvenated and relaxed as most of their guests have before. As a visitor described their stay at Aan-den-Weg `a stay of roses and wine - literally and metaphorically!`
Accommodation at Aan-den-Weg B&B:
- Full farm breakfasts to be arranged prior to arrival, or book online (Mondays to Saturdays)
- All rooms are decorated with a different rose colour.
- Beautiful views from cool rooms.
- Private entrances.
- All rooms with queen beds and family unit has twin bedroom.
- Fresh roses/flowers in each room.
- Daily cleaning service (Mondays to Saturdays).
- Free Wifi.
- All units with en-suite bathroom and equipped kitchenettes (bar fridge, kettles, toasters, microwave, crockery and cutlery etc). Small stoves/ hot plate.
- Heaters and fans.
- Barbecue/braai facilities.
- Televisions with 9 DSTV channels.
- Hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
- Linen, bath towels and swimming towels provided.
- Soaps, shampoo, cream, bath robes, slippers provided.
- Maximum 8 adults can be comfortably accommodated.
- Wake up with the birds and let them sing you back to sleep again.
- Go for a run/walk/cycle in this quiet valley or on site.
- Allow Petra to spoil you with the hearty full farm breakfast served in buffet style.
- Stroll between 85,000 rose shrubs and 64 ha vineyards.
- Swim in the large swimming pool on site.
- Taste wine at over 100 wineries, some in walking distance, ie. Uiterwyk, Jordan winery, Vredenheim.
- Eat at top class restaurants, some only 3 minutes away.
- Visit the historical town of Stellenbosch. (8 minutes away)
- Nearby wedding venues: Spier, Neethlingshof, Vredenheim De Ouwe Klok (3 minutes)
- Visit Hermanus (whale watching)(90 minutes)
- Visit Franschhoek town, taste their wine, and take a drive through their beautiuful pass (35 minutes).
- Go to the beach at Strand, Gordon`s Bay (20-30 minutes).
- Visit Cape Town (Waterfront, Table Mountain, Cape Point)(40 minutes)
- Play golf at any of the 6 scenic golf courses within 20 km radius.
- Aan-den-Weg is nearby the Wine Route hiking trail.
- Visit a strawberry farm.
- Drive to nearby museums, historical buildings and shopping malls.(7-15 minutes).
From Cape Town/Airport:
Take the N2 to Somerset West/George.
From the N2, take the Baden Powell turn off to Stellenbosch (R310).
Pass Spier, turn left into Vlottenburg Road (c/o Stellenbosch Hills Cellar).
Continue until the Stop (T junction), turn right towards Stellenbosch. Turn immediately left into Stellenbosch Kloof Road (c/o small farm cafe).
From there 3 km, pass Overgaauw Wine Estate, pass By-den-Weg, pass Bonfoi Wine Estate.
Next farm is Aan-den-Weg and the B&B is on your right side.