The warmest hospitality awaits you at this working wine and rose farm, situated 10 km from the historic town of Stellenbosch. From your private B&B or Self Catering accommodation, awake to the sound of birds singing in the spacious, established garden. Surrounded by rose plantations, vineyards, orchards and breathtaking views (including Stellenbosch mountains) this is a paradise for nature lovers, a haven where guests can unwind and rediscover inner peace.
, the ideal base from which families and wine enthusiasts alike can explore the Peninsula and Cape Winelands, is situated in the quiet valley of Stellenbosch Kloof - the heart of the Stellenbosch Wine Route, only 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport. This is a perfect place to begin or bring to close, your vacation of tranquility.
The guesthouse is personally owner-managed by Petra Joubert, who with her passion for people, thorough attention to detail and personalised service, goes out of her way to make guests feel most welcome and comfortable. Having lived on the farm and in Stellenbosch for many years, Petra offers the additional service of having an intimite knowledge of the surrounding area and activities available, ensuring an unforgetable stay.
Petra and husband Nicky, 4th generation of the Joubert family to farm this farm, live in the home built by his grandfather in 1930. Aan-den-Weg means `On the road` as their farm is situated on the historic wagon route that, in days gone by, farmers from the surrounding area, took to Cape Town. The Jouberts proudly share this creation and heritage with local and international guests - its far too special and beautiful to keep to themselves!
After spending a few peaceful nights at Aan-den-Weg, you too will feel as rejuvenated and relaxed as most of their guests have before. As a visitor described their stay at Aan-den-Weg `a stay of roses and wine - literally and metaphorically!`
Accommodation at Aan-den-Weg B&B:
- Full farm breakfasts to be arranged prior to arrival, or book online (Mondays to Saturdays)
- All rooms are decorated with a different rose colour.
- Beautiful views from cool rooms.
- Private entrances.
- All rooms with queen beds and family unit has twin bedroom.
- Fresh roses/flowers in each room.
- Daily cleaning service (Mondays to Saturdays).
- Free Wifi.
- All units with en-suite bathroom and equipped kitchenettes (bar fridge, kettles, toasters, microwave, crockery and cutlery etc). Small stoves/ hot plate.
- Heaters and fans.
- Barbecue/braai facilities.
- Televisions with 9 DSTV channels.
- Hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
- Linen, bath towels and swimming towels provided.
- Soaps, shampoo, cream, bath robes, slippers provided.
- Maximum 8 adults can be comfortably accommodated.
Aan-den-Weg B&B Activities:
- Wake up with the birds and let them sing you back to sleep again.
- Go for a run/walk/cycle in this quiet valley or on site.
- Allow Petra to spoil you with the hearty full farm breakfast served in buffet style.
- Stroll between 85,000 rose shrubs and 64 ha vineyards.
- Swim in the large swimming pool on site.
- Taste wine at over 100 wineries, some in walking distance, ie. Uiterwyk, Jordan winery, Vredenheim.
- Eat at top class restaurants, some only 3 minutes away.
- Visit the historical town of Stellenbosch. (8 minutes away)
- Nearby wedding venues: Spier, Neethlingshof, Vredenheim De Ouwe Klok (3 minutes)
- Visit Hermanus (whale watching)(90 minutes)
- Visit Franschhoek town, taste their wine, and take a drive through their beautiuful pass (35 minutes).
- Go to the beach at Strand, Gordon`s Bay (20-30 minutes).
- Visit Cape Town (Waterfront, Table Mountain, Cape Point)(40 minutes)
- Play golf at any of the 6 scenic golf courses within 20 km radius.
- Aan-den-Weg is nearby the Wine Route hiking trail.
- Visit a strawberry farm.
- Drive to nearby museums, historical buildings and shopping malls.(7-15 minutes).
Click to display the map
Aan-den-Weg B&B its a nice place to stay at. I was welcomed with warmed including the tasty plums that I enjoyed. People were so nice and I felt as I was at home. That's the place I can consider again when going back to Stellenbosch.
Rating: Reviewed by Molly Mahlangu on 24 March 2018
The place is very welcoming with friendly people full of smile. They explain everything that you in title. Indeed it's a nice place to come back again when I'm around Stellenbosch.
Rating: Reviewed by Molly Mahlangu over a year ago
Amazing host, wonderful location, great stay!!
Rating: Reviewed by Tim Roll over a year ago
The accommodation was comfortable, but the venue is a little 'tired'.
Rating: Reviewed by Jean Clarence over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Aan-den-Weg B&B:
Accommodation options within 8km from Aan-den-Weg B&B include:
Lovane near Vlottenburg offers 8 Standard rooms ,4 Vineyard rooms, 2 Luxury rooms, 1 Bridal suite and 1 Disabled room.
Spier, in the heart the famous Cape Winelands, is more than a hotel. It is a destination in itself. Spier offers visitors a variety of authentic experiences - from food and wine to activities - in beautiful surroundings.
per person sharing
Nestled among the majestic mountains of the Stellenbosch wine region, the ultimate experience awaits you - Cultivar. Senses will delight with spectacular views of the underlying valley with surrounding vineyards and streams.
Beauty, peace and comfort: Accommodation in a beautiful 10 bedroom (4-star graded) guesthouse in a nature setting just outside Stellenbosch in the wine lands. The location is central close to Cape Town Airport, Spier Wine Estate and 20 minutes to beaches
Wedgeview Country House & Spa is a 5 star luxury and spacious Guest House, surrounded by vineyards with spectacular views across the wine lands and mountains.