7th Street Guesthouse is an elegant guest house in the heart of Melville. Located in a quite cul de sac, on the corner of 7th Street and 7th Avenue, at the bottom of 7th Street village and overlooking the Melville Koppies. We provide home comforts for pilgrims, tourists and business travelers alike.
What makes 7th Street a unique experience? It is the outdoor patio, sipping cocktails as the sun dips beneath the Koppies. It is the private entrance and manicured gardens appointed to most of our rooms, that is such a welcome change for the frequent flyer. It is the vibrant common-room at night and the personal attention that every one of our guests deserves. It is the pulsing night-life, just a few blocks away, and the small bespoke bookshops and bakeries housed in the National Heritage buildings that make up the central village of Melville.
Staying at the 7th Street Guest House is an experience in luxury living. There are 12 en suite rooms. We accommodate holidaymakers and families, couples, business groups and single business travelers. 7th Street is the much beloved on-going project of the Manager and his dedicated team of hospitality experts. He has an unique style, generosity and meticulous attention to detail, all aspects of the service experience are expertly covered.
All bookings are bed and breakfast, and any special dietary provisions can be accommodated. Airport transfers can be arranged with bookings, along with knowledgeable advice for exploring the feast of local, artisanal coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and galleries within Melville. Guided tours to some of the best locations in the greater Johannesburg area can be arranged. These include The Apartheid Museum, Gold Reef City (a real family treat), The Cradle of Humankind, Sun City, The Lion Park and the Pilanesberg Nature Reserve.
For homebodies, we offer a spacious patio, braai (barbeque), and bar area. Enjoy private conversations by the fire on cold winter nights, or raucous socialising on breezy Highveld summer days.
The high-streets of Melville offer a unique South African insight into the burgeoning variety and diversity of Johannesburg’s artisans and leisure seekers. The various restaurants in the area offer everything from fusion food experiences, to authentic, exotic cuisine. Similarly, bars and pubs in the village each possess a unique flavour of décor and entertainment. By day, the village is alive with galleries, bookstores, bakeries and cafés. By night, the vibrant lights, and music are brought to life, by live music, stand-up comedy, and cocktail hours throughout the village.
Exploring the entertainment in Melville is a feast of eclectic, talented, and extraordinary creative expression.
Koppies Nature Reserve 1 km
- Campus Square Shopping Centre 1.1 km
- Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg 1.2 km
- Lindfield Victorian House Museum 1.2 km
- Radiopark Building 1.4 km
- Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry 1.5 km
- 44 Stanley Shopping Area 1.6 km
- University of Johannesburg 1.7 km
- Parkview Golf Club 1.7 km
- Johannesburg Botanical Gardens 2 km
Rooms have outside entrances. Each room has an en suite bathroom with amenities, a dresser, work station and chair, hair dryer, electronic safes, DSTV, free WIFI, Coffee/tea facilities, bar fridge with complementary drinks.
These rooms have outside entrances, a small lounge area with an extra Double or Single bed, en suite bathroom with shower, DSTV, free WIFi, electronic safes, hair dryers heaters,coffee/tea facilities, bar fridges stocked with complimentary drinks.
Luxury Family equipped to accommodate 4 adults
Rooms have an outside entrance. Each room has an en suite bath room with a shower and amenities, a dresser, work station and chair, hair dryer, electronic safe, DSTV, free WIFI, Coffee/tea facilities, bar fridge with complementary drinks.
- Less than 7 days- Forfeit 100% of deposit
- From 8-14 days- Forfeit 75% of deposit
- From 15- 21 days- Forfeit 50% of deposit.
- Full refund of deposit if cancelled 21 days prior to arrival.
- From the M1 take the Empire Road off-ramp & turn right into at the off-ramp T-junction. (turning right into Empire Road). Cross over BArry Hertzog and turn right into Kingsway at the T-junction. At the second traffic light turn right into Lothbury, which becomes 7th Street.
- Once you've passed through the circle in 7th Street, turn left into 5th Avenue. Turn right into 6th Street. Turn right into 7th Avenue. Turn right into 7th Street. No.22 7th Street Guesthouse (house on the left in the 7th Street cul de sac)
* Welcome to 7th Street Guesthouse!
0 to 12 years pay a minimum amount.
13 to 16 years pay 50% of the sharing rate