703 Oyster Schelles
of Umhlanga in Lighthouse Road is in the heart of Umhlanga`s upmarket beachfront area. This apartment overlooks a panoramic expanse of sea, has direct beach access in minutes.
Swimming pool and BBQ facilities on site. The property is 100 m from Umhlanga Lighthouse. 703 Oyster Schelles is within easy, safe walking distance of The Oyster Box, Beverly Hills Hotels, and all the upmarket restaurants, coffee shops, bars, supermarkets and shops of the vibe town of Umhlanga Rocks.
Off the lounge and bedrooms are sliding doors that open out onto the balcony with magnificent sea and distant city view. This very spacious and bigger than most, luxury 7th floor apartment has three bedrooms (two queens and two single beds), three bathrooms and a large wrap around balcony. This stylish open plan has a lounge, dining and bar area linking to a kitchen with fridge / freezers, microwave, oven, kettle, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with all appliances.
The apartment is equipped with HD DSTV Explora decoder, flat screen televisions and a DVD player. There is air conditioning, with heating, in the bedrooms and lounge area.
There is free Wi-Fi internet access throughout.
Fully equipped with crockery and cutlery, linen and bath towels, but not beach towels. The apartment is serviced daily except on Sundays and public holidays. Two lifts provide access to reception, the beautiful gardens and 2 two free undercover parking bays.
- Balcony from all rooms with sea and distant land view
- Direct beach access
- Barbecue facilities
- Swimming pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Two free private basement parking available on-site
Guests love it because:
- Perfect for a 2-night stay
- Situated in the best rated area in Durban, this property has an excellent location
- Free W-Fi
- Free Parking
Accommodation at 703 Oyster Schelles:
The bed and Bathroom configuration is as follows:
• Master bedroom with a Queen Size bed (sea View) With e-suite bathroom with 2 Was Hand Basins, Bath and Shower, luxury finished with Travertine tiles
• 2nd bedroom has a Double Bed (sea- View) With e-suite bathroom with 2 Was Hand Basins, Bath and Shower, luxury finished with Travertine tiles
• The 3rd Bedroom has 2 Single beds that can be made up into a King with separate bathroom with Wash hand basin and shower luxury finished with Travertine tiles (Bathroom shared with guest.
• 3 Bedrooms
• Sliding doors to balcony with beautiful sea and distant land views
• Build in wardrobe / closet
• Air conditioner
• Electronic Safe in main bedroom
• Main Room Bed Configuration: 1 x Queen Size Bed
• 2nd Bedroom Configuration: 1 x Queens Size Bed
• 3rd Bedroom Configuration: 2 x Single = 1 King Size Bed
• There is no capacity for extra beds in the rooms.
• Main Room: On suite with bath, shower and bidet
• 2nd Bedroom: On suite with bath and shower
• 3rd Bedroom: Separate bathroom with shower
703 Oyster Schelles Activities: Pool:
- Fence around pool
- Outdoor pool (all year)
- Outdoor dining area
- Outdoor furniture
- BBQ facilities communal
- Large Wrap around Balcony
- Garden communal
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
The Durban / Umhlanga coastline enjoys a warm subtropical climate. Winter time (June to August) is wonderful, with temperatures ranging between 12°C at night (no need for air conditioning) and 23°C at lunch time, with blue skies and sunny days. Summers are hot and humid, particularly during the months of February and March, with temperatures reaching 30°C or higher.
Sea temperatures vary from 25°C in summer to 20°C in winter, which allows for comfortable year-round swimming, without the need for a wet suit to keep warm. The average rainfall for the year is in the order of 900 mm, with the main precipitation taking place during spring and early summer and the least rainfall during the dryer autumn and winter months.
When to visit:
KwaZulu-Natal enjoys abundant sunshine year-round with a temperate, sub-tropical climate. Despite its varied topography from the 3,000-metre peaks of the Drakensberg Mountains in the west, to the sub-tropical wetlands of the Elephant Coast in the north-east, the province enjoys hot and humid summers (October to April) and mild winters (May to September).
Durban's temperate, sub-tropical climate is famous for its mild and sunny winters. Temperatures range from 16° to 25°C during the winter months but can reach 32 C with relatively high humidity in summer and an annual rainfall of 1009 mm peaking in January and February. The hottest and coldest months in Durban are February and July with average temperatures around 28°C and 23°C respectively. January is the most humid month and July the driest. The city's weather is blessed with the benign effects of the Indian Ocean's equatorial current, a vast body of warm, blue water flowing south from neighbouring Mozambique to the north. Coastal seawater temperatures are higher than the Mediterranean in summer (24°C) but even in winter rarely fall below 19°C which is ten degrees warmer than the Med in winter.
The south coast climate is very similar to Durban itself while north of the city the summer weather is generally more humid the further north you travel. Summer temperatures vary from 24° to 32°C and winter temperatures average 20°C. Sea temperatures vary from 18° to 25°C in winter. Average rainfall for the year is around 900 mm.