Herman and Susan Berry started 5th Avenue Gooseberry Guest House in 1999, with one room and at present there are 11 rooms, an art gallery.
The casual elegance of the interior offers a feeling of warmth, a home away from home. The name Gooseberry is compiled from their surname, Berry and Susan`s maidens name, Goosen.
In Linden, a quiet northern suburb of Johannesburg, 5th Avenue Gooseberry has a warm and welcoming old English style character combined with artistic flair.
Close to Cresta shopping centre, CBD, Universities of Johannesburg and Witwatersrand, Rosebank, Melville and the Randburg Waterfront. Parking on premises. Credit cards. Guest loyalty programme.
TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. Why so many gracious extra touches? Because we have been expecting you!
Accommodation at 5th Avenue Gooseberry Guest House:
Every room has its own:
- En-suite bathroom
- TV with M-Net
- Coffee and tea making facilities
Types of rooms:
- Twin room with extra bed
- Double room, en-suite bath and shower
- Double room, with en-suite shower and bath
- Single room, en-suite bathroom
- Twin room with bath
- Twin room with shower
- Twin room, en-suite bath and shower
From the N1:
- Take Beyers Naude off ramp towards Northcliff.
- Drive 4.6km in Beyers Naude.
- Turn left at Engen garage in to Milner road (4.6 km from off ramp)
- Turn right in to 5th Avenue at next traffic light.
- Cross stop street.
- Third building on left hand side, no 44 5th Ave. (guest house is between 8th & 9th Street)
44 5th Avenue , Linden.