Merely 60-90 minutes from Cape Town, absorb the perfect character of West Coast Life Lodges
two mirror guesthouses - Villa Serene, latent in a clandestine property facing the Langebaan Lagoon. It is situated approximately 100 metres from its Sister guest house, Crystal Lagoon Lodge.
West Coast Life Lodges is only a few steps from the ocean border, and we pride ourselves with our 180◦ sea-views from picturesque floor to ceiling windows in 6 ocean facing suites overall. All suites incorporate shared sea-facing balconies. We have 2 family units with 2 rooms in each unit. All Family units have a private non-sea facing terrace.
Rates incorporate a full English breakfast - our suites are equipped with DSTV, personal safe, bar fridge, coffee & tea making facilities and all four star amenities and services.
Calypso Beach, is one of the few traditional breeding areas of the endangered black oystercatcher, and you might also catch a glimpse of these amazing birds with its characteristic red legs and beak, while strolling to the beach.
Accommodation at West Coast Life Lodges:
West Coast Life Lodges offers the following suites:
2 x Family Units (accommodates 2 Adults & 2 Children)
A double room with large floor to ceiling picture perfect windows, full en-suite bathroom, plus adjoining twin room. A private balcony in Twin room and access from the double room to a shared balcony with a 180° sea view.
2 x Deluxe Suites (accommodates 2 guests)
A large double room with floor to ceiling picture perfect windows, full en-suite bathroom, 2 single beds, and access to shared balcony with a 180° sea view.
2 x Standard Suites (accommodates 2 guests)
A double room with floor to ceiling picture perfect windows, en-suite bathroom with shower, double bed, shared balcony with a 180° sea view.
West Coast Life Lodges suites are equipped with satellite TV, bar, fridges, small safes for personal valuables, hair dryers, heaters and facilities to make tea and coffee.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Cots available
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Communal Television
- Communal Satellite TV
West Coast Life Lodges Activities:
- Watersports: Kayaking, canoeing and rowing, windsurfing, kite surfing, water skiing, jet skiing and surfing. You can rent equipment for all these activities contact us at West Coast Life, Langebaan.
- Fishing at Langebaan Lagoon, the most popular pastimes are deep-sea and fresh-water fishing expeditions. In the past the lagoon was home to a whaling station, the remains of which can still be seen on the island in the bay.
- Birdwatching: Langebaan is an excellent spot for viewing the wide variety of birds. Two hides on the shore of the lagoon provide a vantage point for observing the 250 species of birds that call this area home.
- West Coast National Park: For a leisurely drive or cycle ride through the park, where you could see tortoises, zebra, gemsbok, wildebeest and ostrich among other wildlife. From August to October, the park is a riot of colour when wild flowers of every hue cover hill and valley.
- Fossil Park: Fourteen hectares of fossil-rich land, 10 kilometres outside Langebaan, where you can see the fossilised remains of early animals, such as lion-sized sabre-toothed cats and three-toed horses.
- Whale-watching: From June to November, especially to see the Southern Right Whales which mate and calve here.
- Golf: There's an 18-hole course, with grass greens, at the Langebaan Country Club, a 10-minute drive from Harrison's House.
- Horseback rides: Yet another way of exploring our beautiful countryside, wildlife and flowers in our spring season.
West Coast Life Lodges Map:
West Coast Life Lodges Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 11
reviews. - View all Guest Reviews
Everything was excellent, I have enjoyed my stay with my family they enjoyed too. Just a breakfast that that people have to wait a bit for refill maybe if you can have a strict time that breakfast served from 8am-10am maybe and have enough for everyone to eat, because it is sad when you most of the eats is finish. Other than that "Thumbs Up" to Calypso Villas
Rating: Reviewed by khanyisa Macikama over a year ago
Awesome views, very friendly staff and a perfect weekend get-away. Thank you for a great stay!
Rating: Reviewed by Lethabo Tloubatla over a year ago
Lovely room with gorgeous view and delicious breakfast served while watching the same amazing view. We will be back.
Rating: Reviewed by Barry Ellis over a year ago
Baie vriendelike, hulpvaardige diens. Netjiese kamers met 'n asemrowende uitsig oor die Langebaan Lagoon.
Rating: Reviewed by Johan Rautenbach over a year ago
Other Accommodation near West Coast Life Lodges:
Accommodation options within 8km from West Coast Life Lodges include:
Thera 29 is a comfortable house in Calypso Beach which is a peaceful and quiet security complex halfway between Langebaan and Club Mykonos.
per unit, Max: 8
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Crystal Lagoon Lodge is situated a few feet from the ocean’s frame. The ambiance celebrates one of the world’s rare sea lagoons. Crystal Lagoon Lodge rests on a fynbos-sheltered dune in the private beachfront estate of Calypso Beach, Langebaan.
Calypso Mansion is a comfortable house within very close proximity to the beach on the beach in the private security residential area of Calypso Beach, Langebaan.
Calypso Blue is a large, comfortable, luxurious self-catering house within one minutes’ walk from the tranquil beaches of Calypso Beach, Langebaan.
Royal Azure is situated in Blue Lagoon which is a security complex located halfway between Langebaan and Club Mykonos.