is a tranquil rustic self-catering getaway in the heart of scenic Magaliesburg. Situated on a 132 Ha farm, Thabametsi is nestled between two koppies overlooking the valley to the Witwatersrand Mountains.
This malaria-free location assures guests of beautiful sunsets and great hospitality. The diverse ecosystem encourages a wide range of bird life, particularly on the dam. Smaller animals like bush buck, scrub hares, mongoose and squirrels have made Thabametsi their home.
Indoor fireplaces and heaters cater for cozy winter nights whilst summer evenings are braai-time in the lovely bomas under the stars. Thabametsi is an ideal venue for families, photographers, artists, environmentalists and small tour groups.
Accommodation at Thabametsi:
- has an extra king size bed and en suite - shower only. Separate living room with DSTV and kitchen with fire-place. Lapa with braai area (weber).
- has an extra king size bed in main bedroom, bathroom - shower only. Separate bedroom with 3 x 3/4 beds for kids or adults. Separate living and dining room area with fireplace and SABC television. Veranda looking out onto the valley. Open braai area as well as weber braai facilities.
- all rooms open onto a veranda, ranch style. Main room en suite (bath) with sleeper couch and inter leading door to adjacent room. Third room has a separate bathroom. All have 3/4 beds unless otherwise requested. Huge braai areas with open fire and weber braai.
Sunrise and Sunset including Sundown Cottages
- are separate units rented out as one. Sundown is a separate lounge/dining room with DSTV, opening onto a braai area. Sunset has two 3/4 beds with a shower and toilet and Sunrise has a Queen size bed with a separate shower and kitchen area.
Squirrels Nest House
- Home away from home - 4 bedroom house with two bathrooms and outside shower. Lovely and secluded with a play area and obstacle course a stone throw away. An absolute winner!
- ablution and electricity and use of the other facilities included. Small numbers. Caravan or tenting.
Facilities and Services:
- All the units are fully equipped
- Bedding and linen provided (please bring own swimming towels) Winter comes with electric blankets, heaters and hot water bottles, extra blankets and throws in every room and unit
- Units are comfortably furnished in a rustic theme. Ceiling fans in every room
- Indoor fireplace and outdoor braai area
- Swimming pool (solar heated)
- Entertainment area with DSTV
- Bicycles to rent (bring kids bicycles to enjoy cycling on the kiddies track)
- Cell phone coverage (Vodacom, Cell C)
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Babysitting Service
- Limited Room Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Cots available
- Curio Shop
- Internet Access
- Tourism Information Desk
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Games Room
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Activities include cycling, swimming, bird-watching, various ball games and nature walks, lovely night sky views. Various other activities in the area. We are pet friendly and allow up to 2 medium sized fur friends to join the family (per unit).
We have a labyrinth and some walking trails. A nice sized swimming pool that is solar heated. Thabamesti offers family orientated accommodation therefore children are welcome. Ducks, chickens a turkey, a goat, donkeys, horses give the children a sense of real farm life. Play areas with an obstacle course, jungle gym, trampoline, tractor and donkey cart rides is included for the children as well as a small maze and a kiddies bicycle track (please bring bikes along). We have 4 mountain bikes to rent out. We have an entertainment area with DSTV, coffee and craft shop to fill any idle moment.
We just need to mention to you that we advertise and promise our guests a quiet breakaway from the hustle and bustle of the city and therefore do not allow music or unnecessary noise. We trust that it will encourage you to visit us.
Clothing & Accessories:
Bring own drinking water (we have borehole which is completely safe for consumption but not all enjoy the taste)walking shoes, own swimming towels (bath towels is supplied in the units), bicycles, mosquito and fly repelant.
Thabametsi Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 3
A very quiet and relaxing place. Accommodation is clean and well equipped. Owners friendly and helpful.
Rating: Reviewed by Johan Botha over a year ago
Thabametsi was amazing & the owners are warm and welcoming. The accommodation is well equipped and way more than we expected. Even though it was cold they made sure the place was well equipped for that. I highly recommend Thabametsi as a relaxing holiday destination.
Rating: Reviewed by Lawernce over a year ago
Thabametsi was such an awesome relaxing farm to be away from the busy life. Keith and Judy are so kind and hospitable.
Rating: Reviewed by Bheki Magagula over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Thabametsi:
Accommodation options within 8km from Thabametsi include:
Guest Rating: (8 reviews)
Intaba Thulile, "Peaceful Mountain", is a 450 hectare private game farm nestling on the slopes of the Magaliesburg Mountain Range. We offer six self-catering cottages that sleep four each, all in a lovely setting with stunning views.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Our self-catering accommodation in the Magaliesberg is fully equipped,secluded, romantic and luxurious with log fires. Each cottage has a satellite dish, bring your own decoder, remote and smart card to watch TV.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Kingfishers Trout Farm provides a venue for the whole family and is just a short drive from Magaliesburg. The accommodation consists of two fully equipped self-catering chalets and each chalet has two bedrooms with a shared bathroom.
Thirsty Falls is a Guest Farm offering 3x Studios (Back to back flats), 5x 1-3 bedroom houses, self catering, fully equipped,on the slopes of the Magaliesberg mountain range. Each house is private and spacious with patios, overlooking panoramic views.
This is a 2000 acre game and cattle ranch nestled below and incorporating two and a half kilometers of the cliffs, kloofs and mountain forest of the Magaliesberg. Thaba Manzi Ranch is a venue where you can truly escape from the city life.