Ou Skool Guest House
was initially an old school which was closed down due to lack of funding during the early 70`s. Entrepreneurial owner, Ilse-Marie Rossouw identified the property as a great location for an upmarket guest house, conference and events venue, camping site, coffee shop and farm stall for guests and visitors passing by on the R27 or visiting the Keimoes/Upington area.
The guest house offers the warmest hospitalitiy, outstanding airconditioned accommodation, conference facilities for up to 12 delegates including full catering in addition to events facilities for private functions and weddings.
Accommodation at Ou Skool Guest House:
Each room has its own private entrance, air conditioning, ensuite bathroom, television with M-net and excellent mattresses and linen.
There is two self catering unit for 4 persons max, 3 family rooms in which a families from 3 to 5 can be accommodated. Four bathrooms have baths and showers, and 6 bathrooms just have a shower.
We have camping facilities; there are private braai-facilities, electricity, private ablution with bath and shower and a scullery.
We have a fully licensed bar and a dining room.
Breakfast consist of cereal, yoghurt and a full English breakfast, if a guest have to leave early we can also provide a food pack.
Dinner is available on prior booking.
The Coffee Shop is open from 8am-10pm. We accept all types of credit cards. We are a pet friendly establishment. We are also wheelchair friendly and have a generator on the premises.
We strive to give clients our best service and to make them feel at home.
Ou Skool Guest House Activities:
- Bakkiespomp - An old restored working waterwheel in the centre of the village which pumps water from the Gariep River to farms in the area. Located on the main street.
- Dutch Reformed Church - Built in 1889 and declared a national monument
- Hunting - Tierberg Nature Reserve - Approximately 160 hectares which lies 4 km west of Keimoes. Abundant in aloes and succulents and home to enormous herds of springbok.
- Wine Tasting and Tours - Visit the Orange River Wine Cellars for tours and wine tasting
- World War 1 War Memorial - The battle of Kakamas took place in 1915 and consisted of 3 skirmishes between German and Allied Forces. A memorial marks the location of the battle.
- Star Gazing
Ou Skool Guest House Map:
La Palma is nestled between the great Orange River and the famous Green Kalahari vineyards of Keimoes, which is situated on the Orange River Wine Route. We boast eight newly build units of which four are self-catering.
per person sharing