Luxurious tree-top suites right on the edge of deep indigenous forest valleys.
The casual luxury cottages have interior Earth tones, wood cut from the area in the 1800's.. high sweeping decks and colors to blend seamlessly into the unspoilt, natural surroundings, creating a sanctuary that's uniquely at one with its environment. Cottages
Wild Iris, Glory Dawn and Sandstone are all stylishly and individually furnished with a natural contemporary feel.
Each has a plush Queen-size bed with quality linens; a Jacuzzi/spa bath opens to the gorgeous view, sip champagne, light some candles and enjoy the bath goodies offered.. to use.
Sandstone has a custom x4 poster queensize, a private courtyard complete with lapa and BBQ.
Earth Rose our larger honeymooner has a BIG Jacuzzi/therapy tub on the deck and 2 bedrooms..close to a plunge pool if a muggy day calls for a dip.
Lavender Edge is a two bedroom unit with can sleep x6, with a big deck with sweeping views, it has x2 bathrooms en-suite, one facing the sprawling view with an outside view shower.. stunning.
All cottages have a wood-burning fireplace for cozy wintry nights, DSTV and CD. There is also a shower-en-suite, a well-equipped open-plan kitchen complete with microwave, mini stove, fridge etc.
We supply a complimentary basket of firewood in winter, as well as tea/coffee/ chocolates/ bath goodies/ candles and champagne/port-for-2 to all our honeymooners/guests on arrival.
All units have BBQ Webbers on the deck high up, from where you can enjoy the forest night animal calls and the awesome views. All the decks are very private and are equipped with a table and chairs, a Webber BBQ and some have a hammock or loungers.
There is a plunge pool, which overlooks the magnificent views, for the use of all the guests. It's like a big Jacuzzi with aim flow jets and seating all around.
Open braai areas at the pool. And for the more active there is a forest trail from the cottages to the bottom of the valley. Services
The cottages are serviced daily (except Sundays and public holidays) for your convenience.
Daily service includes beds are made, dishes washed, Webber braai and fire-place cleaned, set and freshened.... Nothing makes a get-away vacation more enjoyable than servicing and housekeeping.. so things are really cool in the units...
We can organize flowers, or petals, more grape juice/champagne, chilled oysters, an arrival hamper, with white wine, fruit, nuts, nougat, biltong... or anything else you want us to do for you?
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Cots available
- Internet Access
- Tourism Information Desk
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Xhosa / Zulu
- Other Language
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Swimming Pool
- DVD and/or VCR
Forest Valley Cottages Activities:
* Start your day in a languid fashion, lazing on the deck chairs or enjoying breakfast on the sunny decks drinking in the sweeping views that stretch on forever in front of you. The valley is ever-changing in its moods. Close by Phantom Pass was named by the Khoi San as one minute mist the next nothing.
* Enjoy watching and listening to the many birds from this high perch as well.
* Enjoy a forest hike from your cottage, down into the valley (about an hour).
* On a sunny day, relax in one of the loungers next to the Jacuzzi/type pool and savour the views from there too. Outdoor braais can be lit at the pool area, so make a day of it.
* Forest Valley is also en-route to the state forest, with many rambles, picnic spots and the old goldmines can be explored. Tea and cake can be enjoyed at the quaint Mother Holly Tearoom in the forest..
* Enjoy a horse riding outride, which can be arranged nearby through the forest.
* Beautiful swimming beaches, rivers and lagoon nearby for fishing and canoeing.
* Mashie golf course nearby.
* Visit the country restaurants around or take your pick from the many in Knysna town.
* Saturday morning Harvestime market in Sedgefield should definitely not be missed.
* Massages and pamper treatments can be booked nearby.
Forest Valley Cottages Map:
Health & Climate:
Forest Valley is 10-15 mins out of Knysna on the Cape Town side (south) which is the lovely forested area...the air is fresh and clean..with no pollutants/smog at all!
It has a mild, relaxed climate all year round.. from the end of May until August is the winter rainfall period, but hardly significant.
There is a cozy wood burning fireplace in all the cottages with a supply on the property and 30kg or so complementary. In the event of extremely hot days there are fans in the cottages, electric blankets are supplied on request.
In winter Tabard (for mosquito’s) and fly spray, is available in the cottages.
Other Accommodation near Forest Valley Cottages:
Accommodation options within 8km from Forest Valley Cottages include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Quiet position 6km from Knysna Central and a short drive from shops, restaurants, beaches, forests, mountains, nature reserves and at least ten top-flight golf courses. Perfect for family holidays and small tours Direct water access.
Fern Gully is 16kms outside Knysna in a rural, forested area on the way to the historical Millwood Goldmine and indigenous forest. The wooden cabins are set amongst the trees where one can unwind and commune with nature.
per unit, Max: 2
The Phantom Forest Eco Reserve,on the southern Cape coast of South Africa,in the heart of the magnificent Garden Route whispers a very special magic.Nestling in the Afromontane Forest,with endless views,shared only with our Fish Eagles.
4 Star accommodation in Knysna and the Garden Route on a B&B basis with fantastic views of the Knysna Lagoon.
We are the first vegan*vegetarian Backpackers lodge in S.A ;-) where nature rules!We have monkeys, gentle baboons and a myriad of curious creatures who come to visit. If you are nature lovers and are eco conscious you will love what we offer at Peace.