Cosy Cottage B&B offers stylish 3-star self-catering accommodation in private cottages with park-like gardens. Situated in a very quiet neighbourhood in the beautiful city of Potchefstroom.
PLEASE CLICK ON Check Availability (on the right) TO MAKE AN ONLINE ENQUIRY AND/OR BOOKING.
Luxury accommodation at an affordable price. Breakfast and Dinner available on request.
Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa as a 3-star self-catering facility. Privacy, Hospitality and Tranquillity is our motto. All the cottages have private entrances and secure undercover parking.
The comfort of our guests is ensured with a TV, an en-suite bathroom/toilet and a small kichen. Each cottage has its own private little garden with access to a sparkling swimming pool.
A major shopping centre with pubs, restaurants, take-away foods, cinemas, pharmacy, doctors, post office, supermarket, butcher, video shops and petrol station/garage with AVIS facility are within walking distance.
Most of our cottages are equipped with double beds and sleeper coaches in the sitting room.
Others have twin rooms equipped with two single beds per room.
Cosy Cottage B&B Activities:
Potchefstroom, the original capital city of the Zuid Afrikaansche Republiek, has a multitude of national monuments, respected educational institutions and a strong agricultural economy.
We organise one-day tours to nearby attractions (also Pilanesberg Nature Reserve and Lost City / Sun City) on request.
Buffelsvlei Wild Animal Park
- Popular getaway with lots of animals and birds to be seen on foot or game drives(about 12 km from Potchefstroom).
Boskop Dam Nature Reserve
- Popular angling and picnic site between Carltonville and Potchefstroom on the R501 (about 12.0 km from Potchefstroom).
Potchefstroom Lakeside Resort
- Watersports, fishing, mini-golf.
- The Summit, Boat & Paddle, Mooirivier Pioneers' Route Inner City and Rooihaas trails make Potchefstroom a favourite hiking destination.
(about 20 km from Potchefstroom)
2000 million years ago a giant meteorite struck the earth near the present day village of Vredefort creating a crater 80km in diameter and forcing the surrounding landscape into a dome-like feature.
This is the largest and oldest meteorite impact site on earth and is soon to be nominated for World Heritage status.
The Vaal River forms the southern boundary to the area, while to the north a conservancy has been established to conserve the diverse animal and plant life. In between a beautiful valley set aside for farming and tourism.
The dome offers some of the finest hiking and adventure tourism sites in South Africa. The Dome can be accessed either from Parys or Fochville via the R500 following signs to Venterskroon. Travelling from Potchefstroom, exit the town on Mooi River Drive, south and follow signs to Schoemansdrift. Turn left at the Venterskroon sign into the Dome.
Culture & History
- One of the oldest Reformed Churches in South Africa, (1891) which features some exceptional stained glass windows, is located in the town.
Andrew Carnegie Library and City Hall
- two national monuments in Potgieter Street, the city hall has a clockwork and bells that were manufactured in the Netherlands.
Goetz Fleishack Museum
- The only remaining example of the town houses that graced Market Square in the 1850's.
- Potchefstroom offers a wealth of interesting architectural buildings dating back to the 1850's when the town was a major centre serving the westernTransvaal farmlands and the diamond fields of the Northern Cape.
These buildings, many of which have been declared national monuments, include the Old Gunpowder House, the Old Police Station Building, the Kruger Kraal Opstal, the Heimat building of the University of Potchefstroom Campus and the Old Magistrates Office on Greyling Street.
Old Fort, Museum and Cemetery
- A British defense position used during the first Anglo-Boer War where British troops were besieged by Boer forces for 95 days. Casualties are buried in the cemetery nearby.
North West Command
- one of the largest army bases in the country.
- Excellent exhibits trace the history of the Potchefstroom region with fine ethnographic representation including an oxwagon from the Battle of Blood River. The museum houses a reference library and museum shop.
President Pretorius Museum
- The residence of MW Pretorius, first President of the ZAR.
- Oak Avenue a 7km stretch oak trees planted in 1910 line this road forming a unique spectacle now a national monument.
Totius House Museum
- A museum conseivrng the life and writings of JD Du Toit, Afrikaans translator, poet and theologian who translated the Bible into Afrikaans.
Other attractions and landmarks
River Walk Shopping Mall
Parys 25.0 km from Potchefstroom
Klerkdorp 45.0 km from Potchefstroom
Johannesburg 116.0 km from Potchefstroom
We offer transport to and from Johannesburg Airport on request.
Cosy Cottage B&B Map:
Health & Climate:
We have a very mild and moderate climate. Wonderful sunny summers with the most beautiful sunsets. Our winters can be a bit chilly.
Cosy Cottage B&B Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
Very good service, friendly reception. Everything was clean, neat and elegant. Secure parking.
Rating: Reviewed by George Germishuys over a year ago
As friendly a guest house as you are ever likely to stay in. Large clean cottages, good food in a safe location. Perfect.
Rating: Reviewed by Carl Davies over a year ago
The room was clean and breakfast was what I needed.
Rating: Reviewed by Malte Simon over a year ago
The unit was neat and clean, well equipped and we had a very enjoyable stay.
Rating: Reviewed by Daleen Henning over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Cosy Cottage B&B:
Accommodation options within 8km from Cosy Cottage B&B include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
We have an exclusive 3 star graded guesthouse situated in Potchefstroom in the North West province. We offer luxurious accommodation for both business and leisure travellers.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
This charming home, provides a friendly warm atmosphere. Comfortable, stylish accommodation ideal for business and leisure travelers. Conveniently situated close to the main attractions, shopping centres, hospitals, sport grounds and university.
per person sharing
At Anne's Place, an exclusive self-catering Guest House positioned in a beautiful garden, one can relax with a glass of wine or enjoy a late afternoon braai at the swimming-pool.
Elizabeth's Manor Guesthouse is a beautiful Tudor style house situated in the heart of Potchefstroom. We are in close range of major attractions, i.e the Northwest University, Mooirivier Mall, Medi-Clinic Hospital, Mooimed Hospital, etc.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (1 review)
A Tapestry Garden is situated in the centre of Potchefstroom from where we are in close proximity to the NW Univirsity, sport events, all schools and the Mooiriver Mall. We are well established and have been open since the spring of 1983.