is situated in a peaceful and tranquil setting at the foot of the Langeberg Mountains in the Klaasvoogds Valley.
The farm is only 15 km from Robertson - so close to great restaurants, shops and wine estates. Also far enough away from hustle and bustle to feel totally relaxed.
Enjoy the viewing deck in the garden, swing in the hammock with a good book. Definitely make use of the outside shower in the old Fig Tree - it gives showering with a view
new meaning. Your hosts, Jackie & Andre look forward to welcoming you.
Accommodation at Assegai Rest:
We provide 2 types of accommodation, i.e:
- Assegaai House
- Lancewood TiPi Lodge
has 4 bedrooms, all under one roof although one bedroom has a separate entrance off the veranda.
Other facilities available at Assegai House:
- Fully equipped Kitchen. Including Stove / Oven / Microwave
- Dining Room, Lounge
- 2 Bathrooms. One with Shower and one with Bath.
- Linen & Towels provided
- Sparkling swimming pool
- Private garden & patio
- Outside Shower to ‘cool’ down in summer time (warm water to the shower heated by the sun)
- Viewing Deck / Platform
- Inside Fireplace
- Outside Braai area (portion of wood provided, more on site for sale)
- We are Pet Friendly (fenced in garden area)
Lancewood TiPi Lodge
- TiPi`s are elegant and sophisticated shelters that are large and spacious and includes all that is needed for a self-catering stay. The word `glamping` comes to mind, i.e., come and enjoy the great outdoors without the `mission` of lugging camping gear, and without sacrificing luxuries.
The area is made up of two TiPi’s sites :
"Paws" TiPi Lodge : Has 2 TiPi`s on one site, the larger TiPi sleeps up to 5, the second TiPi sleeps 2. The area is private, i.e. once you book one (or both) TiPi’s they are yours exclusively.
"Magic" TiPi Lodge : Has 1 large TiPi sleeping up to 5
Other facilities available at Lancewood Tipi Lodge:
- Inside the TiPi’s are double beds / single beds / sleeper couch and other furniture
- At each of the two TiPi sites is your own private `open top` shower unit and wash basin
- Next to the TiPi is a cooking area, which includes a gas cooker and a washing up area
- Nearby is a block with 2 separate loo’s and a two bathrooms with loo`s and showers
- You are allocated your own loo and shower, so no sharing
- There is hot water by gas and solar geysers and there is solar lighting at the TiPi’s and shower units
- All bedding is provided, just bring your own towels for shower and swimming
- We provide pot / pan kettle / toaster crockery / cutlery cups / wine glasses
- Braai Area includes braai grids and tongs
- We provide a" 12 volt battery powered " cooler box and an additional large cool box for your drinks.
- We will provide a bag of ice (ice blocks) a day
For Sale on site : Extra Bags of Ice and Crates of braai wood
What to bring with:
- Towels for swimming pool and showers
- Camping chairs
- Extra Cooler Box and Ice Blocks
- Torch / Head Light
- Sunscreen and Hats
- Insect Repellent
Assegai Rest Activities: Activities on the farm:
- Massage Treatments
- Hiking & Walking
- Field Archery
- Bird Watching
- Mountain Biking - bring along your bikes, or hire some bikes from us
- Star Gazing
- Relaxing in the hammock with a good book
- Enjoy the Outside Shower with a View
Activities in the area:
- Olive Farms offering products and tours
- Wineries offering wine tasting, picnics and cellar tours
- Fine Dining Restaurants
- Farm Stalls
- River Rafting
- Horse Riding
- Tractor Rides to the top of the Langeberg
- River cruises including food & drinks
- 4 x 4 Trails
- Art & Crafts
Assegai Rest Map:
We offer a variety of self catering accommodation in several cosy cottages, a large farmhouse and 2 exclusive units sleeping up to 48 guests in total. Our rustic banquet hall & lush meadows are a perfect venue for your next conference, retreat or wedding.
Fraai Uitzicht 1798 offers superior accommodation on a historic winefarm, central to exciting excursions to old villages, to visit the Robertson Valley Wine Route, or to experience the beauty and tranquility of nature.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Excelsior Manor Guesthouse, in the heart of the Robertson Wine Valley, is set in a mature and graceful garden, with shady trees and fragrant roses.
Rosendal Winery & Wellness Retreat offers the discerning traveler a unique country guesthouse and spa experience. Renowned for its warm hospitality, pristine mountain setting, excellent cuisine and award-winning wines, Rosendal is an oasis of calm.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Olive Garden Country Lodge A place in the mountains where the living is good. Olive Garden Country Lodge, almost invisibly hidden in a dramatic sea of fynbos, is a destination for those who want to lose themselves in nature.