Along the South Coast of South Africa lies one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world, home to the Garden Route National Park.
Storms River Mouth Restcamp is a destination for all adventure enthusiasts and nature-lovers! Spend a week with us in the breath-taking Garden Route National Park, exploring the beautiful beaches, rugged coastlines, indigenous forests and much more. We’ll take you on an epic journey by foot, kayak, lilo, boat, mountain bike, scooter and Segway. Adventure is in our nature!
For a small fee, groups of more than ten people can book a guide to accompany them and discover more about the history and ecology of the area.
- All activities are dependent on favourable weather conditions.
- For more information or directions, visit the Information desk, Enviro Centre or Reception at the Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- The park has a joint initiative it runs with private parties from on the park’s periphery. The result is a semi-luxury hiking trail known as the Dolphin Trail
- "Spirit of Tsitsikamma" boat rides
- The Otter Hiking Trail
, 42km long, 5 days and 4 nights.
- Several nature trails (1-3 hours)
- Dolphin Trail – a joint initiative with private parties adjacent the park.
Marine and River Activities:
- Kayaking and Lilo adventure in Tsitsikamma
- Snorkelling in Storms River Mouth
- Scuba Diving in Storms River Mouth
- Boat Cruises
- Bathing at a small beach, and swimming pool (for resident guests only).
- All angling in the Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park is prohibited.
- Guided outings (Eco-guides from local communities).
- Holiday programme during school holidays.
- Activities for School Groups.
There are many activities in the area of the park, for which staying in the park is an excellent base.
- Abseiling and climbing
- Mountain biking
- KloofingFacilities in and around Storms River:
- Shop where souvenirs and basic commodities may be purchased, a la carte restaurant, also serving light refreshments, laundromat and ironing room (flat-irons not supplied) and information desk at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- No ATM facility available
- Cattle Baron operates Tsitsikamma Restaurant.
- Storms River Mouth accommodation
- Fuel is available at Storms River Bridge (±25km from Storms River Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section) and at Nature's Valley (adjacent Nature's Valley Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).