THIS MANUAL HAS BEEN PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT 2 / 2000.
Name of Business
Southern Africa Places cc
Physical Address & Postal Address
17 St Augustine Avenue, Paarl
021 872 3210
021 872 3212
The Guide is available from the South African Human Rights Commission. Please direct queries to:
The South African Human Rights Commission:
The Research and Documentation Department
Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-0582
Information is available in terms of the following legislation, if and where applicable:
* Basic Conditions of Employment Act No. 75 of 1997
* Closed Corporation Act No. 69 of 1984
* Companies Act No. 61 of 1973
* Compensation of Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act No. 130 of 193
* Customs and Excise Act No. 91 of 1964
* Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002
* Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998
* Income Tax Act No. 58 of 1962
* Insolvency Act No. 24 of 1936
* Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 995
* Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 85 of 1993
* Patents Act No. 57 of 1978
* Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000
* Skills development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999
* Trademarks Act No. 194.of 1993
* Unemployment Insurance Act No. 30 of 1966
* Value Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991
Sections 51(1)(c) and 51(1)(e)
Records which are available without a person having to request access in terms of this Act in terms of section 52(2) [Section 51(1)(c)]
This information can be defined as operational information needed in the day to day running of the company and is generally of little to no use to persons outside the company.
(Examples of such information are: Requisitions, internal phone lists, company policies, contracts, employee records and general accounting records).
The Request Procedures
(Prescribed form and fee structure in respect of private bodies)
The forms and fee structure prescribed under the Act are available at the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development ttp://www.doj.gov.za under the regulations section.
The manual is available at our offices free of charge; and copies are available with the SAHRC, in the Gazette and on our website as listed above.