The Dolphin Coast is one of South Africa's most popular and most beautiful holiday spots.
Situated on the East Coast north of Durban offers wonderful holidays and has provided fond memories for countless South African and International holidaymakers.
The beautiful region stretches from the Tongaat river south of Ballito to the Umhlali river, with numerous resorts nestled along the coast. It is the frequent sighting of bottlenose dolphins playing in the Indian ocean waves that has resulted in the area being called "The Dolphin Coast".
Only a 30 minute drive from Durban, the area offers a relaxing "small coastal village" holiday atmosphere, with the necessary infrastructure for any business, shopping and entertainment needs.
The Dolphin Coast has a number of seaside resorts, within close driving distance. Each has a wonderful village atmosphere. Starting with Ballito in the south, you can follow the coastal road to Thompson's Bay, Salt Rock and Sheffield Beach.
The coastal strip is approximately 10 km in length. Inland one can experience our rural towns nestled amongst the sugar cane, with close access of the main toll road (N2).
The seaside towns and villages where visitors can find holiday accommodation on the Dolphin Coast, are:
* Ballito - the heart of the Dolphin Coast, lies nestled between rippling sugar cane fields and is flanked to the east by golden beaches and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. Ballito's friendly village atmosphere is a welcome haven from the fast pace of big city life, yet it offers all the modern amenities and services to residents and holiday makers alike.
* Thompson's Bay - will find Charlie's Pool, an olympic-size tidal pool
* Salt Rock - a gem of a holiday resort
* Shaka's Rock - home to a lovely stretch of sandy beach as well as a beautiful tidal pool
* Umhlali - has a quaint Sugar Village theme and the buildings are designed and decorated in an `old war' flavour.
* Zimbali - exclusive hotel resort set in pristine coastal forest
* KwaDukuza/Stanger - inland from Blythedale, the town is home to the King Shaka memorial monument to commemorate his death
* Zinkwazi - a few kilometres north of Stanger and a nature lover's wonderland of walks, fishing, spectacular bird life, indigenous forest, water sports and endless beaches.
Netcare Alberlito Hospital is a state of the art facility equipped with cutting edge advanced medical technology.