| Bela Bela Accommodation
| Bela Bela Game Lodges
| Things to do in Bela-Bela
| Bela-Bela Map
| History of Warmbaths (Bela-Bela)
Bela-Bela (which means the pot that boils), formerly known as "Warmbaths
" or "Warmbad" in Afrikaans, owes its origins to the hot mineral springs that bubble out of the earth at about 22 000 liters of water per hour at a temperature of approximately 53°C.
The water is rich in minerals such as sodium chloride, calcium carbonate and other salts, and is believed to have curative properties.
The pleasantly mild climate during the winter months and an average of 286 sunny days every year add to the popularity of the destination. The town is just over an hour’s drive from Gauteng and lies on the Springbok Flats on the highway to the north.
Bela-Bela is also a gateway to the southern Waterberg and Thabazimbi. Bela-Bela offers accommodation
in a variety of types - from self catering chalets to lucury 5-star lodges.
Bela-Bela serves a thriving agricultural region and has some well-stocked game reserves in the area. Most of the resorts offer excellent conference, sport, accommodation, recreation and restaurant facilities.
Some of the reserves boast the “Big Five” and countless other savannah species against a backdrop of scenic Waterberg countryside.Things to Do in Bela-Bela
- Relaxing at Forever Resorts Warmbaths
- part of the very popular Forever Resorts
Group of leisure properties.
- Game viewing at any of a number of private game reserves and Game Lodges
- British Blockhouse - was erected by the British Soldiers to protect the railway line against the Boers during the Anglo-Boer War.
You can view the Blockhouse in the Industrial District via Paul Sauer Road.
- Christina Pretorius Grave - the grave of Andries Pretorius' wife, Christina, can be seen in the Voortrekker Cemetry behind the Municipality.
- De Wildt Shingwedzi - observe these world renowned De Wildt Cheetahs and Wild Dogs at close quarters of witness the feeding of these magnificent captive born carnivorous.
A visit to Bela-Bela provides a unique and invigorating family holiday in the heart of the Waterberg.Contact
Tel: (014) 736 3694
Fax: (014) 736 2890
Shop No. 1 Warmbaths Waterfront, Marx Street, Bela-Bela