The Heritage Safari Lodge was originally built in the 1940`s as a hotel and was a landmark pitstop for weary travelers between Maputo and Durban. Acquired in 1996, the gracious building was lovingly restired to its original colonial grandeur, enhanced with new accommodation, and tastefully themed to highlight Zululand`s unique cultural heritage.
With buffet-style meals in our restaurant, the wide, welcoming veranda and our `human watering hole` - the pub or thatched boma, warm and relaxing atmosphere is conducive to shared good times and conviviality.
The sparkling pool is always inviting, and you`re sure to enjoy browsing our beautifully stocked curio shop for a few authentic African mementos.
Situated adjacent to the Zulu Nyala Safari Game Reserve, only 200 meters away from the closest entrance gate, the Heritage Safari Lodge is ideally located for guests to enjoy all the activities on offer at Zulu Nyala Safari Game Lodge. Only 5 kilometers off the main N2 highway the Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge is easily accessible by both coach and motor vehicle. Visit our live cultural village and experience Zulu dancing, bead work, beer and basket making and stick fighting.
* Authentic outdoor `boma` facility - accommodating 180 people
* The dining area, large veranda and dining room (seating up to 180 guests)
* Bar - open 10h00 till late
* Swimming Pool
* Reception and craft centre - open 06h00 - 21h00
* Conference / Function Room
* Traditional Zulu Cultural village with daily Zulu Cultural shows
All 57 en- suite guest rooms are fully air-conditioned with separate bath and shower. These spacious colonial style rooms are all equipped with tea / coffee making facilities, overhead fans, hairdryer, wall safe and direct dial telephones.
Zulu Nyala Heritage Hotel Activities:
In addition to the abundant game (giraffe, zebra, blue-wildebeest, Nyala, and much more) the reserve also has elephants, black rhino, white rhino, buffalo, leopard, hippo and a wealth of birdlife. Safari Game Drives are conducted in open 4 x4 vehicles by qualified guides. Afternoon safari game drives continue after “sundowners” into the early evening. Game viewing by spotlight after dark offers the chance of seeing unusual nocturnal species. Rangers host individual groups of guests, ensuring that each guest’s bush experience and special interest is attended to. Rangers’ co-ordinate their guest’s programme: conducting bush walks and other activities. A guest’s limited time is well utilized and special interest groups are catered for.
Side Trip Activities:
* Tembe Elephant Park
* Elephant Interaction Tour
* St. Lucia Turtle Tours (December to February)
* St. Lucia Boat Cruise
* St. Lucia Boat Cruise and Horse Riding (Horse Trail on Beach or Reserve - 1hr)
* Whale Watching at St. Lucia (May to December)
* Zulu Cultural Show
* Advent School Visit
* Walking Safari (maximum 8 guests)
* Mbonise Village and School Visit
* Cheetah Rehabilitation Centre
* Crocodile and Snake Centre
* Pongolapoort Tiger Fishing (8hrs)
* Pongolapoort Tiger Fishing (4hrs)
* Bird Viewing or Boat Cruise (3hrs)
* Bird Viewing at Mkuze (Half Day)
* Scuba Diving at Sodwana Bay (One Dive)
* Scuba Diving at Sodwana Bay (Two Dives)
* Snorkeling at Sodwana Bay
* St. Lucia Game / Bill Fishing
* St. Lucia Country Club (18 Holes)
* St. Lucia Boat Cruise and Ocean Adventure with Dolphin and Marine Mammals (Mid December to Mid May)
Click to display the map
Clothing & Accessories:
Please remember mosquito repellent.
Following the 2015 voting period, Emdoneni has won: Global Winner in the Luxury Game Lodge category of the World Luxury Hotel Awards. If you ever dream of getting close to nature, Emdoneni Lodge is the place.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (5 reviews)
An unrivalled ethnic experience in the heart of Zululand, with accommodation next door in different units, each representing a different tribe in South Africa.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Aloe View Rock Lodge is a small Boutique Style Lodge offering intimate personlised service in the heart of Zululand, only minutes away from the Hluhluwe Game Reserve. All tastefully decorated rooms are en-suite with Air Con.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (7 reviews)
Looking for accommodation with style and flair, look no further. Come "...kick off your shoes 'cause you're home!". Hluhluwe is your last "out post" to Birding, Big 5, Endangered Wild life, Gaboon Adder and Turtles.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve provides a unique bush experience in the heart of one of South Africa’s most diverse conservation regions and is nestled between the wilderness reserves of Mkuze, Hluhluwe, St. Lucia and Sodwana Bay.