The Witzenberg Country Inn offers outstanding bed and breakfast accommodation in double en-suite rooms that all have TV, fans and heaters and tea & coffee making facilities.
Relax with a long cool drink in our beer garden or air-conditioned sports bar and enjoy all the sports action on DSTV, play pool or our slot machines.
Summer is the time for unwinding on a shady patio or taking a dip in the pool. In winter you could enjoy the appeal of snow-topped mountains and a roaring log fire in our lounge.
Located in Piet Retief Street in the town of Tulbagh, The Witzenberg Country Inn, is conveniently situated within easy walking distance of Church Street with its national monuments, museums and restaurants.
It also provides easy access to all the activities, wine estates and other places of interest in this charming valley.
Suite 1 - Sleeps 4:
Spacious and elegant suite containing double bed in main room with two or three single beds for children in adjoining room.
En suite bathroom (shower). A separate lounge with private balcony and views of the Groot Winterhoek mountains. Air-conditioning, tea/coffee facilities, heater & TV.
Room 2 - Sleeps 2:
This spacious room with lounge area has twin beds with en suite bathroom (bath). A private balcony with views over Tulbagh and the Obiqua mountains. TV, tea/coffee facilities, ceiling fan, heater.
Room 3 - Sleeps 2:
A double bed with en suite bathroom (bath and shower).
TV, tea/coffee facilities, ceiling fan, heater.
Room 6 - Sleeps 2:
Twin beds with brass headboard and en suite bathroom (bath and shower) and balcony. TV, tea/coffee facilities, ceiling fan and heater.
Room 7 - Sleeps 1:
A comfortable room with single bed and en suite bathroom (bath). TV, tea/coffee facilities, fan and heater.
Room 8 - Sleeps 2:
Twin beds with en suite bathroom (shower).
TV, tea/coffee facilities, ceiling fan and heater.
Suite 9 - Sleeps 4:
Two adjoining rooms each with two single beds. These share their own private bathroom (with separate bath, shower and toilet).
The main room has TV, fan, heater and tea/coffee facilities.
- Tulbagh, the Valley of Abundance, is situated on Route 62 and is only 120 kms north of Cape Town.
- The valley is surrounded by three mountain ranges that are often covered in snow during winter.
- Set in this magnificent landscape, Tulbagh is famous for its unspoiled natural beauty and peaceful country lifestyle.
- The area was extensively damaged in a devastating earthquake in1969 and many of the old buildings, of mostly Cape Dutch architecture, were all but destroyed.
- A huge national effort resulted in many of these buildings being restored to their former splendour.
- Tulbagh now boasts in excess of 30 national monuments.
- Visitors can stroll down Church Street and see the buildings as they were between 200 and 300 years ago.
- A number of museums in this historically significant town are worth a visit.
- Tulbagh boasts a number of excellent restaurants that cater to a wide range of tastes.
- Sampling the award winning wines on a tour of our internationally known wine estates is not to be missed.
- Other places of interest and activities include art galleries and artists studios in the valley.
- Scenic drives through our mountains, vineyards and fruit orchards.
- Situated in the heart of the Witzenberg, Tulbagh is within easy drives of Cape Town, Paarl, Stellenbosch and the West coast resorts.
- Nuwekloof, Bains Kloof, Michells and Gydo are four stunning mountain passes in close proximity to Tulbagh.
- For the energetic, scenic mountain bike and hiking trails, walks, horse riding, fishing, birding and more.
- Whether you simply want to relax in beautiful mountain settings or enjoy a more active weekend exploring this secluded valley, Tulbagh has more than enough to charm and occupy the visitor.
From Cape Town:
- Take the N1 from Cape Town to Paarl; turn off onto R44 at Stellenbosch/Wellington/Klapmuts exit.
- Drive via Agter Paarl towards Wellington. Turn left at Wellington Golf Course, stay on R44 travelling towards Ceres/Gouda.
- Pass Voelvlei Dam on your right and Gouda on your left, through Nuwekloof Pass, (now on R46) left at crossroads to Tulbagh.
- Turn left into the town of Tulbagh and follow van der Stel Street.
- Turn right at First National Bank we are directly behind First National Bank in Piet Retief Street.