welcomes you to a privacy and exclusivity Lodge - the preferred choice of the discerning traveler where business people, couples and friends can enjoy peace and tranquility away from the hustle & bustle of the City - yet, only minutes from Johannesburg International Airport, Johannesburg City Centre, Nasrec, Crown Mines and Gold Reef City - making it the perfect choice for a centrally located venue.
Winchester Lodge rises up the hillside in the prestigious and secure suburb of Winchester Hills, Johannesburg and consists of 12 luxury en suite units and 4 deluxe suites with balconies commanding stunning views over Africa. A veritable paradise amid graceful palms, exotic shrubs and perfumed flora.
Most of our patrons are repeat guests having come to enjoy the personalized attention to detail that has become our Hallmark.
Cool-off in our magnificent pool, under the warm African sun, dine poolside on our gourmet delicacies or choose from the many and varied restaurants located only minutes from the Lodge.
Accommodation at Winchester Lodge:
All our units are tastefully furnished and equipped with free Wi-Fi internet access, telephone, bar fridge, satellite television, 2 movie channels, mini safe, hair dryer and hospitality tray. Rooms are serviced daily and a laundry service is available throughout the day.
Ask and it shall be yours! Maids, waitresses, bartenders, office personnel and gardeners are all eager to please. Many of our visitors are repeat guests who have become accustomed to the personal nature of our service.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Other Language
- Swimming Pool
Winchester Lodge Activities: Theme Parks and Entertainment:
- Gold Reef City: Just 10 minutes away stands the lively theme park and casino, Gold Reef City. Enjoy the rush on the rides or the exhilarating excitement of the casino.
- Sun City: The world's most unique recreational resorts. Home to Valley of the Waves and world-class golf courses. Fun for the whole family can be found at Sun City.
Shopping and Dining:
- The Glen - Specialist brand shops and National retailers grace modern malls leading onto open air terraced restaurants surrounding an exotic fountain garden.
- Southgate - Soweto's favourite shopping spot in the great city of Johannesburg. Southgate is a celebration of all that's good about Mzantsi.
- Northgate and The Dome - Northgate is indeed a shopper´s paradise, for those who seek a diverse shopping experience, to those who engage in fine food and dining - Northgate offers absolutely everything to its customers.
- Columbine Square - A short walking distance from the lodge. A central shopping complex offering a variety of restaurants, take-aways, a pharmacy and specialty shops.
- Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve - The Winchester Lodge overlooks the largest proclaimed nature reserve in the Johannesburg Metropolitan area (About 680 ha in extent). It also boasts a bio-diversity that extends from unique historical aspects to the existence of several species of ‘red data' plants.
- Pilanesberg National Park - Pilanesberg Game Reserve is in the Bojanala Region of the North West Province, adjacent to Sun City.
Click to display the map