Nestled in a picture-book mountain and river setting, above the Houw Hoek Pass in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, South Africa; you'll find Wildekrans Country House.
Only an hours drive from Cape Town, this historic Cape homestead, built in 1811, is the perfect country getaway.
Set in a rambling country garden with a swimming pool, Wildekrans is an ideal venue for private functions, childrens parties, workshops, promotions or product launches.
Wildekrans Country House is listed in the Greenwood Guide and is a member of both the Green Mountain Eco Route and Groenlandberg Conservancy.
Wildekrans Country House is home to a collection of art works of some of South Africa’s internationally renowned contemporary artists. These include works by William Kentridge, Robert Hodgins, Wilma Cruise, Simon Stone, Hylton Nel, Deborah Bell and Guy du Toit.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Wine Tasting
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Other Language
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Swimming Pool
Wildekrans offers bed and breakfast accommodation or self catering in the Homestead and Cape Cottages, all complete with four poster beds and log fires.
Dinner is available on request and children are welcome.
Wildekrans Country House Activities:
* Enjoy leisurely walks in the grounds or hiking trails in the surrounding area.
* Go mountain biking, explore the Elgin Fruit Route, do the Walker Bay Wine Wander or stay at home and play a game of Petang (boule).
* If you'd like to watch whales or go to the beach - Hermanus is only 20 minutes away.
* Wildekrans Country House is associated with the award-winning Wildekrans Wine Estate in Botrivier. Guests can enjoy these outstanding South African wines at the guest house or travel down the Houw Hoek pass and enjoy them at the Wildekrans Cellar.
* Wildekrans is part of the Green Mountain Eco Route, the world’s first biodiversity wine route, offering scenic beauty, natural diversity of terroir and a wide range of wine styles.
Wildekrans Country House Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
The most beautiful surroundings, extremely comfortable rooms, stunning garden, great food & wine, friendly and relaxed hosts...we'll definitely return.
Rating: Reviewed by Jens Eggers over a year ago