Nestled in a picture-book mountain and river setting, above the Houw Hoek Pass in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, South Africa; you'll find Wildekrans Country House.
Only an hours drive from Cape Town, this historic Cape homestead, built in 1811, is the perfect country getaway.
Set in a rambling country garden with a swimming pool, Wildekrans is an ideal venue for private functions, childrens parties, workshops, promotions or product launches.
Wildekrans Country House is listed in the Greenwood Guide and is a member of both the Green Mountain Eco Route and Groenlandberg Conservancy.
Wildekrans Country House is home to a collection of art works of some of South Africas internationally renowned contemporary artists. These include works by William Kentridge, Robert Hodgins, Wilma Cruise, Simon Stone, Hylton Nel, Deborah Bell and Guy du Toit.
* Enjoy leisurely walks in the grounds or hiking trails in the surrounding area.
* Go mountain biking, explore the Elgin Fruit Route, do the Walker Bay Wine Wander or stay at home and play a game of Petang (boule).
* If you'd like to watch whales or go to the beach - Hermanus is only 20 minutes away.
* Wildekrans Country House is associated with the award-winning Wildekrans Wine Estate in Botrivier. Guests can enjoy these outstanding South African wines at the guest house or travel down the Houw Hoek pass and enjoy them at the Wildekrans Cellar.
* Wildekrans is part of the Green Mountain Eco Route, the worlds first biodiversity wine route, offering scenic beauty, natural diversity of terroir and a wide range of wine styles.
Take exit road out of airport, follow signs to the N2 (Somerset West). Take left off ramp onto the N2 towards Somerset West, stay on the N2 bypass Strand/Somerset West, go over Sir Lowry's Pass.
Continue Past the first Grabouw turn off and Orchard Farm Stall on left and then second Grabouw turn off and Peregrine Farm Stall on right.
Stay on N2.
Approx 15km from Orchard Farm Stall you will find the Houw Hoek Farm Stall on the right.
Turn left off the N2 at this intersection (there is a sign on the N2 directing one to the Houw Hoek Inn, follow it) and then left again at the Houw Hoek Inn.
We are just up the road on the right, after the Orchard and the corn coloured House.
80km (one hour) from Cape Town and on N2 to Garden Route & Hermanus
Wildekrans offers bed and breakfast accommodation or self catering in the Homestead and Cape Cottages, all complete with four poster beds and log fires.
Dinner is available on request and children are welcome.