Wamakersvlei Beach Farm is a rare find on the Cape West Coast’s Sandveld. This picturesque destination is your own authentic private haven of tranquility where you will reconnect with nature and each other.
We offer couples, families, and groups the pleasure of a one-of-a-kind experience creating unforgettable memories, breaking away in off the grid living. John Higgins describes this place in only two words “Weepingly Beautiful”.
Spend your days in total bliss exploring 400 hectares of unspoiled nature by foot or mountain bike. Smell the ocean and fynbos as you follow the tracks and trails of the abundant indigenous wildlife. Experience bright starry nights, iridescent sunsets or just enjoy relaxed strolls along the scenic 7 km private beach.
This eco-friendly treasure is a mere two hours’ drive from Cape Town up the West Coast and lies just 4 km north of Dwarskersbos. Its northern boundary is the Rocher Pan Nature Reserve. A two-track pathway leads you across the natural salt pans before meandering through dunes and ‘fynbos,’ taking you to your quaint cottage.
Wamakersvlei Beach Farm is environmentally conscious and we strive to have as little impact on-site to replenish.
Experience the full beauty of the blooming Sandveld wildflowers during spring. The Sandveld forms part of the unique Cape Floral Kingdom, one of the six floral kingdoms in the world. What makes the Sandveld unique is the fact that huge areas are still a unspoiled habitat for plant species, birds, animals, reptiles and insects.
Accommodation at Wamakersvlei Beach Farm:
It’s not just a place to stay; it’s also an educational experience. Off-grid living helps to slow down and become more thoughtful about the energy we usually consume.
Need To Know:
- Minimum stay 2 nights.
- Cell phone reception and Wi-Fi (if requested).
- Solar power is used for lighting and gas for hot water, cooking, and refrigeration.
- Facilities to charge mobile phones and cameras.
- No hairdryers, hair straighteners or curling irons or any other appliances are to be plugged in as this could cause permanent damage to the electrical system.
- Houses rely on borehole water driven by solar pumps. Water not suitable for human consumption and 5 litres fresh water provided.
- Bring own beach towels.
Wake up to the sounds of waves gently breaking on the shore, spend your days exploring nature, with relaxed strolls along the beach.
If you are the energetic type bring along your bicycles, walking shoes to explore the pristine, untouched Cape West Coast nature, or simply sit in the serene surroundings and let the days flow by.
Explore the farm by foot, mountain bike or on designated 4X4 trails. Follow the tracks of our abundant wildlife which includes, duikers, steenbok, tortoises, ostriches, lynx, seals, dolphins, whales and over 183 amazing bird species.
A dream destination for photographers.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
4 bedrooms, 3 En-Suites with a shower and 1 separate bathroom with a bath and shower. Free wi-fi and cellphone reception available. Powered by Solar and gas, no hairdryers. Mobile cell / camera charging only. Towels provided.
4 bedrooms, 2 En-Suites with a shower and 1 separate bathroom with a shower. Free wi-fi and cellphone reception. Powered by Solar and gas, no hairdryers. Mobile cell / camera charging only. Towels are provided.