This beautiful 5 Star Luxury Guest House is situated in Hout Bay, a tranquil fishing village in the Western Cape. Villa Afrique offers you gorgeous views over the bay, working harbour, beach and surrounding mountains.
Spacious well appointed rooms, all sea-facing and air-conditioned with tea tray, complimentary sherry, safe, towel gowns, hair dryer and crisp Egyptian cotton linen. The en-suite bathrooms have under floor heating and heated towel rails as well as a separate shower and Victorian bath.
There are numerous activities available in the area from hiking up the famous Chapmans Peak, cycling, deep sea fishing and scuba diving. For the more relaxed and refined guests wine tasting is done close by on the Constantia wine farms.
Villa Afrique is a fully secured establishment. As one of the important services, there is a alarm on the guesthouse as well as on each individual room. We serve a full continental breakfast, which is included in the price per night. All rooms are daily serviced.
Every room has underfloor heating and a heated towel-rack We also do nightly turn-downs, for that extra touch of luxury!
Accommodation at Villa Afrique:
The four rooms at Villa Afrique are styled for comfort and relaxation. All rooms are fully en-suite with separate Victorian style bath and shower, under floor heating as well as all the bathroom amenities. The beds are made up with Egyptian Cotton Linen for comfort.
Each room has complimentary sherry in the rooms as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Television in room with local and satellite channels.
Breakfast and Dining at Villa Afrique:
Wake up to the smell of a Continental and full English breakfast being prepared as you get ready for the days adventure. Cereal, fruit salad, juice, tea or coffee is served as an appetizer. Then eggs (varied choices of desire), bacon, mushrooms, sausages and tomato are also available if the taste buds are in full flow. Restaurants are in close proximity with the famous Mariners Wharf Side Grill and Lookout Restaurant being within walking distance.
Things to do in Hout Bay:
Hout Bay sits in a valley on the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by mountains. While its natural surrounds are beautiful, its attractions are endless.
For the adventurous; sailing, kayaking, horse riding and hiking options abound and a boat trip to Seal Island is a must for all visitors. Foodies are spoilt for choice with excellent restaurants and takeaways available to suit the fussiest of palates.
The region is well known for its fishing related activities but its also home to the world famous World of Birds, a walk-through aviary with hundreds of rehabilitated birds as well as monkeys and other animals.
- If you are on the N2 highway to Cape Town. Go straight with this road towards Cape Town. You take the KIRSTENBOSCH/Muizenburg M3 highway turn off which will be on your left hand side.
- Go down the M3 highway until the traffic lights which says Kirstenbosch/Hout Bay. Turn right here. Follow the road till you get a T-Junction where you turn right to Hout Bay.
- Straight on with this road through the forest until eventually you come to a traffic circle at the top of Constantia. Turn right and follow the road down towards Hout Bay.
- Go straight down and go over the first traffic circle you come to then at the second traffic circle you come to you must turn right towards the harbour.
- You go straight down this road till you come upon another traffic circle and here you turn left towards the harbour. You must turn right at the second road on the right called Northshore and follow the road up to the stop sign.
- Turn left into Sluysken road and keep left to the bottom of the road and you will see Villa Afrique.