Ideally suited for both business and leisure, the four star Victoria & Alfred Guest House and Conference Centre is close to the airport, CBD, places of interest, shops and the beachfront.
This historic building (once the hunting lodge of Lord Milner- Governor of the Cape Colony - circa 1890) has been lovingly restored and extended to provide luxurious accommodation and conference facilities. Boasting 25 en-suite rooms, 3 conference rooms and an enclosed boma. Make the Victoria & Alfred Guest House your choice of destination when next visiting the friendly city. Ample secure onsite parking is available.
We at the Victoria and Alfred Guest House work towards “Service Excellence” at all times and to go the extra mile to satisfy our customer’s needs and expectations.
Accommodation at Victoria & Alfred Guest House:
The Guesthouse has 25 individually decorated en-suite bedrooms. 11 are located in the main Manor house and 14 in our garden section.
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Commercial DSTV (Super Sport, M-Net Movies, etc.)
- Air conditioning / Ceiling fans
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Flat screen televisions
- Tea/ Coffee facilities
- In room safe
- Linen, Towels and guest amenities
- Safe off street parking
- 2 x Self-catering units near our sparkling Pool, with separate kitchenette, lounge and bedroom
- 1 x Honeymoon suite with spacious bathroom, opulent corner bath and balcony overlooking the pool
- 5 x Spacious Rooms upstairs with large full en suite bathrooms
- 1 x Family Room, with balcony
- 12 x Luxury Garden Facing Rooms in Valley Lodge
Honeymoon Suite (x1)
Our Honeymoon suite is located on the 1st floor and overlooks the courtyard pool. It includes a mini bar fridge as well as large spacious full bathroom with a corner bath. Ideal for a VIP corporate or when you wish to spoil that someone special.
Self-Catering / Family Rooms (x 2)
Our self-catering rooms are fitted with a small kitchenette with a bar fridge, microwave and limited cooking facilities. Each room can accommodate 4 people and comprises of one double bed and two ¾ beds. Rooms are located on the ground floor for easy access and are in the main Manor house. Ideal for families with children.
Balcony Rooms (x3)
There are three large luxury rooms with balconies, located on the first floor overlooking the courtyard pool. Each room has a full bathroom en-suite with free standing baths. One of these rooms is a family room with a separate inter leading bedroom with two single beds. Light and fresh, these rooms are popular with business travelers and holiday makers.
Standard Classic Rooms (x5)
There are 6 standard classic rooms remaining in the Manor house. Three are downstairs and three upstairs. Very popular with female and business travelers these rooms offer the convenience of being in the Main Manor house close to the restaurant and reception. Three of the rooms have showers only whilst the remaining three have full bath rooms.
Garden Rooms (x14)
There are 14 modern garden rooms all facing onto a central landscaped garden area. These bedrooms are fully air-conditioned and have a large working desk area, private bathrooms (showers only). Located just off the parking area these rooms offer luxury accommodation with a great outdoor feeling. Ideal for corporate groups, individual travelers or couples.
Conferencing and Events:
The Victoria & Alfred Guest House prides itself in offering 4 fully equipped conference, meeting and event facilities. With bespoke conference and event packages, ample on-site parking, complimentary wi-fi and all the standard conference equipment available, the V&A ensures planning your next meeting will be effortless and that your next meeting, conference or event is a success. All catering for conferences and events is done onsite by our own chefs.
A fully enclosed thatched Boma is available for corporate, private or special events. A built- in braai facility adds to the atmosphere and lets you escape the outside world for just a while. Themed events, indoor and outdoor venues are welcomed.
The Boma can accommodate up to a maximun of 50 people at 4 per table.
Facilities and Services:
There are many special touches that emphasize service and personal attention at the V&A Guesthouse. Our staff and team are committed to providing you quality, home styled warm hospitality in a safe, secure and traditional environment. Our business is to ensure you are 100% satisfied with your stay and our team is committed to this.
Other features include:
- Flat screen televisions in every room with Netflix and streaming
- A sparkling swimming pool
- Laundry service
- Restaurant reservations made at reception
- All credit cards accepted
- Ample onsite parking
- Children welcome in family suites
- 24-hour reception
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (in all rooms and public areas)
- Reservations for day trips in and around Port Elizabeth
- <7 days forfeit 100% deposit
- 8 to 14 days forfeit 50% deposit
- >14 days at the discretion of management
Directions to V&A Guesthouse from N2:
- Coming on the N1 from Cape Town.
- Take the Settlers Way Turn Off (M4)
- Continue with Settlers Way to the end of M4
- Turn Right into Walmer Boulevard and continue to 4th avenue (+/- 2km)
- Continue with 3rdv Avenue and turn Right into Villiers Road
- V&A Guesthouse is situated on your left side third house from 3rd avenue
Directions to V&A Guesthouse from Port Elizabeth Airport:
- As exiting the airport turn Left into Alister Miller drive at the Engen filling station which will become 3rd Avenue
- Proceed till you get to the robot intersection
- Pass the robot intersection and turn Left into Villiers Road
- V&A Guesthouse is situated on the right side of the dual carriage way
Latitude: -33°58"32.60' (-33.975723)
Longitude: 25°36"16.47' (25.604576)