Gracing a high hillside summit above the panoramic Sabie Valley, Umbhaba Lodge
is a bold statement of unstinting luxury in a sub-tropical Garden-of-Eden setting.
The milieu is a flourish of fertility, with palm-fringed walkways, lapping water features and fern-filled gardens beneath the branches of indigenous Chestnut..
The mood is leisurely and the decor divinely indulgent. Luxury suites under thatch promise privacy and generous comfort. Rich timbers and textures, earthy hues and soft lighting capture an ethnic profusion. Facilities at Umbhaba Lodge
• Two conference venues
• Function and banqueting facilities for up to 150 guests
• Open sided wedding chapel overlooking a dam
• Tuskers Restaurants for main meals
• Deck Bar with flat screen TV
• Secure, free parking
• 24 hour controlled security
Accommodation at Umbhaba Lodge:
Thirty suites are tastefully decorated, each in an individual style, and many of them have an open log-fire place, ideal for those chilly winter evenings.
All rooms are temperature controlled for your comfort and are surrounded by flowing waterfalls and lush subtropical gardens.
The following room types are available at Umbhaba Lodge all done with your ultimate comfort in mind.
* Family rooms:
Ten luxurious family suites have recently been renovated to provide spacious accommodation for families or conference delegates. These suites boast with King size beds and two three quarter beds, bathrooms with granite tops and large oval baths, spacious showers and private patios.
* Induna Honeymoon Suite:
The Induna Honeymoon Suite, sprawling over three levels, comprises an open fireplace, en suite bathroom, mini bar and Jacuzzi. The private patio presents a welcome opportunity for relaxing with a sundowner, while embracing the abundance of bird and animal life after a day of game viewing.
* African Tribal Suites:
The African Tribal Suites are spacious with separate lounges and bedrooms, a fire place on either side, four poster beds, en-suite bathrooms, twin showers and sunken window baths with spectacular sunset views over the Sabie Valley and hippo pools.
* Tusker Suites:
Tusker Suites reflecting the history of majestic elephants found in the Kruger National Park through the years , the Tusker Rooms have sunken corner baths and private patios surrounded by the sounds of cascading waterfalls from the surrounding water features.
• Selective DSTV channels
• Air conditioning/heating
• Doctor, dentist and emergency hospital transfers available on request
• Daily newspapers on request.
• Free coffee, tea and juice during conference breaks
• Luggage storage
• Wi-Fi charged on request
• Shuttle service on request
• Laundry and ironing services on request
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS (on the premises)
On the property:
- Bird and game watching
Activities in the area:
• Reptile Park and Petting Zoo - 3km
• Horse Whispers - 5km
• Golf - 6km
• Elephants Sanctuary - 8km
• Game drives - Kruger Park - 12km
• God’s Window - 14km
• Abseiling, Zip-lining, Quad biking, River Rafting, Archery, Paintball, Mountain biking - 14km
• Kruger International Airport - 45km
• Panorama Route - 45km
• Pilgrims Rest, Gold panning - 60km
• Hoedspruit endangered wildlife centre - 1 and ½ hours drive
• Micro flights