The Tudor Hotel
is much more than just a place to stay – it’s an experience!Situated right in the heart of the city on the historic Greenmarket Square, it is the oldest hotel in Cape Town.
Of course we’re proud of our heritage, and while ‘old’ adds atmosphere, it does not mean ‘old-fashioned’.
When it comes to creature comforts, the recently refurbished Tudor Hotel is second to none. This combination of contemporary finishes and the historic face of the city makes for a stylish and refreshing hotel experience – at very affordable rates.
Each room has been furnished in its own unique style. All our rooms are en-suite, have colour television,
tea & coffee making facilities and for your comfort the rooms are equipped with air-conditioned units.
If you’re interested in taking day trips, cruises or brief organised excursions, our Reception staff will gladly make arrangements for you. For those who prefer to make their own way, we have secure undercover parking available just a block away from the hotel – and secure safety deposit boxes at Reception.
If you do decide to stay in and put your feet up, you are welcome to relax in our lounge and page through our selection of daily newspapers.
And when it comes to sheer indulgence, our full buffet breakfast is not to be missed. Facilities at Tudor Hotel
- Twenty six spacious rooms - all en-suite with bath or shower;
- Telephones, colour television and clock-radios in all rooms;
- Tea and coffee making facilities available in all rooms.
- Rooms with air-conditioning or ceiling fans;
- Laundry service;
- Lift to all floors;
- Guest internet access;
- Rates include a delicious buffet breakfast;
- Secure, undercover parking available at R95 per day.
- The famous Greenmarket Square with its stalls of curios and African art and numerous bistros and restaurants, is right outside our door;
- We will gladly assist with tourist information, tours, car rental, etc;
- Taxis on our doorstep will safely take you to any of the many scenic locations and attractions
Cape Town has to offer.
Tudor Hotel Activities: Attractions
within easy reach from Tudor Hotel:
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Table Mountain Cableway
- Company Gardens
- Houses of Parliament
- Castle of Good Hope
- Art Galleries
- District Six Museum
- Greenmarket Square
- The Planetarium
- Wonderful Shopping Facilities
- Flower Market
- Cape Town’s Famous Beaches
Click to display the map
Tudor Hotel Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 3
This is a very friendly, helpful hotel to stay. Your staff give valuable information to us specially front desk. The breakfast was lovely and a surprise for us. All staff is well trained.
Rating: Reviewed by Gerald Frank Phaal over a year ago
very affordable, near restuarants, NLSA and Food Lovers Market. My room was nice and cleaned every day during my stay. Breakfast at Tudor Hotel was excellent, staff where very friendly and helpful. Tudor Hotel is for everybody whom is plain living and don't want fancy stay. The shuttle service was excellent as well. I already booked my room again.
Rating: Reviewed by Louisa Verwey over a year ago
A nice place with friendly management and good service. The only problem is parking.
Rating: Reviewed by Theodore Dumitru over a year ago