Splendid self-catering farm accommodation near Wilderness on South Africa`s Garden Route Coast.
This is country living at its most genuine: the 4 cottages occupy a quiet corner of our 86 hectare Toorbos farm, overlooking a large dam and some of our 50 hectares of macadamia orchards-the ideal place for family holidays.
Rest and relax on your own wooden deck, take time out on the dam for a spot of catch-and-release bass fishing, enjoy walking or mountain biking on the farm or in the surrounding forests and countryside, take a quick drive to the quiet of Wilderness` endless, almost-deserted beaches or to the excitement and glitz of the Garden Route Mall in George.
Toorbos Cottages are fully equipped for 4-6 guests each. With first class appliances in our kitchens, wide screen televisions in our lounges and outdoor braai areas with Weber gas barbeques.
Toorbos offers two 1-bedroom and two 2-bedroom self-catering cottages on the lake-side at Toorbos farm. Each houses 4 to 6 persons and is equipped with:
- Main bedroom with double bed (electric blankets and oil heater)
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds (electric blankets and oil heater) (2-bedroom cottages only)
- Luxurious Bathroom
- Lounge area with TV, DSTV, DVD player, CD player & single sleeper couch
- Fully quipped kitchen with microwave
- Wooden deck with Weber gas barbeque
- Direct water access.
Daily cleaning service, bed linen; bathing towels, coffee / tea, dishwashing liquid & tea towels, bath oils, hand soap & hand cream, fire wood.
Separate outside shower and outside loo. Just like the old days on the farm. 2-bedroom cottages only.
Guests have free use of bass rods and a small bass fishing boat with trawling motor. You`re also welcome to explore our 86 hectare farm - which is ideal for hiking, mountain biking and birding.
No pets allowed.
The cottages at Toorbos overlook a dam and some of our macadamia plantations.
Step out of your door and explore our 86 hectare farm. You`ll discover"
- Walking trails
- Mountain biking
- Bass fishing - and the use of our rods and lures and a small boat with electric trawling motor (please note: all fishing on a catch-and-release basis only)
- Bird watching - the area is famous as a birding destination (a Ramsar Site). At Toorbos you can expect to see woodland, grassland and freshwater birds - and raptors, of course. Please bring your binoculars and bird books along!
- A working macadamia farm and small macadamia nursery.
Wilderness is renowned for its vast stretches of beach, tranquility and the absence of windswept wetlands, wild and stormy seas. Encompassed within the boundaries of Wilderness one finds the 2500 ha Wilderness National Park. Five rivers and five lakes, two estuaries and 18 km of Southern Cape coastline are protected within the Park
This area boasts some of South Africa`s finest boat based whale and dolphin watching.
Toorbos offers a small bass boat with electric trawling motor and fishing rods for each cottage. Guests can do mountain biking and hiking on the farm and Wilderness beach is just 15km away.
All our beds are fitted with electric blankets and a heater in each room. All the cottages have air-conditioners and are fitted with linnen and towels.
Directions from George:
Follow the N2 eastwards towards Knysna;
Pass the village of Wilderness and the Touw River;
Turn left at the sign to Hoekwil;
Where the road splits, keep left (that is, stay on the tar) to climb the hill;
Turn right onto the sand road to Rondevlei (16 Km from the N2); you'll see Toorbos on your right after about 250 metres.