Surrounded by the Drakensberg Mountains, overlooking a secluded valley of the Spioenkop Game Reserve and in the lee of the famous hill, Spioenkop, lies Three Trees Lodge.
The lodge consists of 6 standard luxury twin suites (TGCSA four star graded), There is also a 2-bedroomed family suite, which is situated in close proximity to the main dining facility and in the opposite direction to the other guest suites. It has a master bedroom en-suite, a childrens room with a separate toilet and a small kitchenette.
Proprietors Simon and Cheryl Blackburn (ex Singita Private Game Reserve and ex Kwando Safari Experience), highly experienced safari guides, both share and will continue with this vision. You are welcomed into their home, and invited to experience the warm hospitality in their family run lodge.
-San rock art
-Drakensberg boys choir
-Hiking in the Drakensberg
-Spioenkop game reserve
From Durban or Johannesburg:
- Take the R616 (exit 230) off the N3 towards Bergville.
- After 19km turn onto the D564 sign posted Three Tree Hill Lodge (also Rangeworthy Cemetry, Hambrook)
- After 8km on this gravel road you will reach Three Trees
NOTE: this is a good gravel road and 4x4 vehicles are not necessary. Do not take any of the roads marked Spioenkop or Spioenkop Nature Reserve.
- The bedrooms are equipped with all the modern conveniences with heated towel rails and 100% cotton percale linen adding to your comfort.The beds are twins but doubles are available on request.
- Each room has its own deck, which offers unimpeded views of the valley and Spionkop. If luck is on your side you might see a rhino or giraffe wandering by.
- Each of the six twin cottages has its own shower and bath from where one can soak up the atmosphere of Spioenkop whilst gazing out over the valley.
- Guest amenities consist of a unique range of exquisite hand-made virgin olive-based African Botanical body care products. They are 100% natural, botanically active, ph-balanced, cruelty free products with no harmful chemicals or parabens.