The Sparrow’s Nest - This comfortable cottage is right on the beach front and has beautiful views of the ocean just across the green/conservation area. If you are lucky you may see a mongoose, tortoise, blue duiker or perhaps a little bush buck, frolicking in the dunes or see dolphins playing in the surf. Humpback and Southern Right Whales may also be spotted in the beautiful waters.
We are within walking distance of Paradise Beach, voted by CNN travel as one of the best beaches in the world and it is possible to walk to the lagoon nearby that has Flamingos at certain times of the year. Also, nearby, you can enjoy a sunset boat cruise on the canals at Marina Martinique which has a lovely bistro available for meals. Other nearby restaurants (on the beach) include Walskipper and Tapas.
We are situated 5 km from the well-known surfing mecca of Jeffreys Bay, one of the most popular sea holiday destinations in South Africa. International surfing competitions take place here, especially during winter. Supertubes is considered one of the best right-hand breaks in the world and offers world class surfing. It is possible to have surfing lessons.
The town has some interesting curio shops and factory shops e.g. Billabong and also the Fountains Mall which will take care of all your shopping needs.
There are game parks nearby. Lombardini is about 10 minutes drive and many others are close by. The Seaview Predator/Lion Park is about 60 minutes away and the Addo Elephant Park is about 90 minutes drive. It is also possible to do bungee jumping at the Bloukrans Bridge situated just outside the Tsitsikamma National Park, 60 minutes away.
Nearby you can enjoy fishing, cycling, kite surfing, sand boarding, hiking in nature reserves, gym, bowls, golf, tennis, horse riding, deep sea fishing, sky diving and more. Jeffrey’s Bay has a lively night life with many pubs/restaurants, some of which have live music at certain times.
Beautiful shells are often found on the beach and there is a very interesting Shell Museum with one of the largest shell collections in South Africa.
- 100% forfeited if cancelled within 7 days
- 75% forfeited if cancelled within 14 days
- 50% forfeited if cancelled within 21 days
- 25% forfeited if cancelled within 30 days
DIRECTIONS: 11 Sparrow Drive, Aston Bay
Depending from which direction you are coming
From Cape Town take the exit towards Jeffreys Bay and turn right into St Francis street.
From Port Elizabeth: take the exit towards Jeffreys Bay/ R102 and turn left into St Francis street.
1. At the circle take the 2nd exit and stay on St Francis Street. Go through another two circles.
2. Stay on St Francis road until you come to the Caltex garage on your left.
3. Turn right into Nautilus road towards Aston bay.
4. At the T junction turn left into Koraal Street.
5. At the stop street turn right towards Aston bay. This road runs through the township. Please be careful of cows, goats and piglets, a typical South African rural scene!
6. Go through a circle
7. At the first road turn left (you will see Kings College on the right-hand side and a high red brick wall that runs right around the Marina Martinique. Follow the road and you will pass the first entrance into the marina on your right.
8. Go straight through a circle and you will come to a stop street. In front of you will be the bridge over the canal.
9. Drive over the bridge and up to the T junction and turn right into Dolphin Drive (you will see Milkwood holiday flats in front of you).
10. Follow the road for a short distance and turn first left into Uil and go up the hill. This road becomes Rameron and then becomes Sparrow as you go around the curve.
Please note that the driveway is quite steep, so when driving in and exiting, its best to drive up the gentler slope which is on the right-hand side of the house as you approach the house (sea is on the left).
It consists of a cosy lounge area leading onto a patio, small kitchenette, two bedrooms and bathroom with double shower. The main bedroom has a queen size bed and the 2nd bedroom has two 3/4 beds. It has its own entrance and parking area behind a remote-control gate.
The kitchen is equipped with large fridge/freezer, microwave, counter top oven with 2 plates, cutlery, crockery and tea and coffee is provided. The flat screen television has independent DSTV channels and there is free WiFi. There is a double shower and washing machine in the bathroom. A small braai and an ironing board, iron and hairdryer are also supplied.