The Riverside Hotel & Spa
in Durban is the ideal scene for some much-needed rest and recuperation. Set high on the banks of the Umgeni River in Durban North, just outside the city centre, the hotel boasts unparalleled views across a magnificent green belt, stretching from the river’s mouth, across the Indian Ocean, and towards Durban’s golden mile beachfront beyond.
The four-star Durban hotel represents an authentic resort lifestyle with 169 bedrooms and suites from which to choose from. Quality comforts, such as satellite TV, a telephone, lounging area, and self-serve kitchenette are provided, and each of the rooms have views over the beautiful city, glistening river, lush gardens or idyllic ocean.
The Riverside Hotel & Spa
is a trusty conference venue, with an internet café in the lobby, and a separate conference centre. What’s more, it is also an ideal location for weddings, offering eight venues ideally situated directly opposite the front entrance to this Durban hotel. Dine in style at Cafe Bali, which serves up sumptuous and exquisitely presented meals. The restaurant is decorated in earth tones, with crisp finishes, two plasma TV screens and scattered couches. Alternatively, unwind with snacks and exotic cocktails at the bubbly bar Mojo’s on the leisure terrace, set alongside the pool. For a more interactive and casual experience visit Hops Restaurant and Bar, which is just around the corner.
Durban is where East meets West, featuring a wealth of colourful influences. The city has, from its earliest days, possessed a special charm, a certain mystique that adds ‘something extra’ to the golden sands and green sub-tropical mix, offering a spectrum of unforgettable experiences, with a myriad of adventure activities and water-sports all year round.
Accommodation at The Riverside Hotel & Spa:
- 169 rooms (400 people)
- 37 Standard River facing rooms
- 35 Standard Garden facing rooms
- 4 Standard River facing twin rooms
- 1 Standard Garden facing twin room
- 14 Deluxe River facing rooms
- 4 Deluxe Garden facing rooms
- 11 Deluxe River facing twin rooms
- 5 Deluxe Garden facing twin rooms
- 2 Standard Paraplegic rooms
- 4 Standard River facing non-smoking rooms
- 4 Standard Garden facing non-smoking rooms
- 6 Family River facing rooms
- 10 Family Garden facing rooms
- 20 Garden facing triple rooms
- 8 River facing suites
- 3 Garden facing suites
- 1 River facing 2 Bedroom suite
STANDARD ROOM FEATURES
- Standard rooms have en-suite bathrooms with built in showers
- DSTV in rooms
- Telephones in rooms
DELUXE AND SUITE ROOM FEATURES
- Separate shower and bath facilities
- DSTV in rooms
- Telephones in rooms
- Suites have separate lounge area
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ALL ROOMS
- All rooms have mini bar fridge
- DSTV in all rooms
- Direct dial telephones in all rooms
- Semi Self-Catering facilities in all rooms - on request
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Self-programming wake-up call facilities
- Microwave in all rooms
- Additional Telephone link and AC plug point
- 200 MB Complimentary WIFI access in all rooms daily
Situated above the Umgeni River in Durban North, The Three Cities Riverside Hotel & Spa has unparalleled views across a magnificent green belt, stretching from the Umgeni River, across Durban Country Club, towards the Golden Mile on Durban’s Beachfront and the Bluff beyond approximately:
- 12km from The Westville
- 2.5km to Umgeni Bird Park
- 25km to King Shaka International Airport
- 270km from Alpine Heath Resort
- 2km to Japanese Gardens
- 5km to Durban north beaches
- 6km to Shopping centres (Gateway & La Lucia Mall)
- 7km to various fine dining restaurants (Morningside)
- 8km from Durban Central
- 90km from Pietermaritzburg
- 9km from the Durban City Centre
Activities in and around the Riverside Hotel and Spa in Durban include:
- Mr Price Kings Park Stadium
- Durban & Umhlanga Beaches
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping
- Kings Park Olympic Swimming Complex
- Moses Mabhida Stadium Soccer Stadium
- Mangrove Swamps
- Sunset Cruises
- Trips to the Valley of 1000 hills
- Umgeni Bird Park
- uShaka Marine World
- Virgin Active Health Club
- Windsor Golf Course
The Riverside Conference Centre is ideally situated directly opposite the front entrance to the hotel ensuring Durban conference delegates staying at the hotel easy access to their rooms should they so require. For day delegates there is plenty of secure parking within the hotel grounds and with the hotel being so centrally located it allows for easy access no matter where the delegates are travelling from.
The conference centre is made up of several conference rooms with the largest, The Pelican Suite seating up to 250 delegates, down to the smallest boardrooms of which there are four, each of which seat up to 10 delegates in boardroom seating. These boardrooms are ideal as breakaway rooms.
Spa at The Riverside Hotel & Spa:
Walk into an elementary sensory space, where time is left at the door and a new journey begins.
Where elements earth, fire, water, metal and wood harmonise your surrounds and aroma’s, sights, sounds, touch and taste enlighten your intuition.
Discover a wellness philosophy that has lifetime values. We believe in beauty through total wellness starting within and taking cognisance of body, mind and soul. Our passion is to ensure that your journey is a personalised one.
We will tailor-make a package for you. Bridal spa, corporate packages, birthday parties, baby showers…
Packages make ideal gifts for loved ones and motivating incentives for staff.
I wouldn't have stayed anywhere if it was not at Riverside Hotel. The fact that you have a restaurant at your premises offering lunch and dinner and a bar on the premises makes it feel like home. I have stayed at Riverside almost six times already. The pool was clean - keep it up as my kids are swimmers. The only thing that was just a small oversight on your housekeeping staff was that they forgot to put sanitary plastic bags for sanitary pads and the Colgate that I requested from housekeeping was dry and had to request another one. The room was fantastic and keep up with whites. The staff was excellent.I am definitely coming back with my family.