Among the luxury hotels in Sandton, lies the magnificent Renaissance architecture of The Michelangelo Hotel
. The Hotel is one of five Legacy Developments that is in heart of the Richest Square Mile. The Michelangelo Hotel is the very essence of status and success located in the rapidly growing Sandton CBD, located on Nelson Mandela Square.
The Michelangelo Hotel provides easy access to some of Africa’s finest shops, restaurants, cinemas and theatres within Sandton.
The Michelangelo Hotel is a proud member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ and remains one of the most exclusive hotels in Johannesburg.Accommodation at The Michelangelo Hotel
The Michelangelo Hotel offers 242 suites and rooms – with en suite amenities – as well as world-class facilities in a stylish and elegant setting. Executive Suite
- Opulent and luxurious catering to your every need, Situated on floors 2 to 6, Open plan studio style living area, En-suite bathroom, Separate lounge, Dining room, Bedroom, Guest bathroom, Hairdryer, Plasma TV screens, DStv, Electronic safe.Premier Suite
- Opulent and luxurious catering to your every need, Situated on floors 1 to 6, Open plan studio style living area, En-suite bathroom, Separate lounge, Dining room, Bedroom, Guest bathroom, Hairdryer, Plasma TV screens, DStv, Electronic safe.Presidential Suite
- Two Presidential Suites, Located on the third floor, Overlooking Nelson Mandela Square, King size beds, Inter-leading doors to a Deluxe Twin Room, Fully functional kitchenette, Served by a butler, operating between 07h00 – 23h00 daily.Superior Room
- En-suite bathroom, Separate shower and toilet, Hairdryer, Plasma TV screens, DStv, Electronic safe, Air-conditioning/heating, Direct-dial telephones, High-speed internet access, Minibar, Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, Nespresso coffee machine.Deluxe Room
- En-suite bathroom, Separate shower and toilet, Hairdryer, Plasma TV screens, DStv, Electronic safe, Air-conditioning/heating, Direct-dial telephones, High-speed internet access, Minibar, Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, Nespresso coffee machine.Children Policy:
Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum one child per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a Bed Only basis if sharing with one or two adults, but will be charged for meals. Children occupying their own rooms will be charged the full adult rate. Subject to availability of family rooms; children aged 0-2, no charge. Children aged 3-12, 50% of the applicable rate per meal per day. This policy does not apply to room service meals.Facilities at The Michelangelo HotelWeddings
Your wedding day should be one of the most special in your life, so why not partner with the staff at The Michelangelo to make your day a perfectly decadent five star event? The staff have put together some ideas to guide you in your preparations for your wedding at the hotel. Speak to the banqueting staff to discuss your requirements to ensure that it`s the perfect day you have always dreamt about. Bride and Groom receive complimentary accommodation as well as a free dinner on their 1 year anniversary.Nelson Mandela Square
A towering sculpture of South Africa`s favourite son holds court over Nelson Mandela Square. One of the largest open public spaces in the country, the Square adjoins the renowned Sandton City complex. This European styled piazza commemorates heritage and celebrates international style with the warmth of African hospitality. It draws a cosmopolitan society to its sidewalk cafés, some of the finest restaurants in South Africa and over 88 exclusive stores. The 1,000sqm Square serves as a stage for a host of local and international prestigious events. There is always a song or a dance in the air at the Square. Health and Fitness
• Health & fitness centre
• Sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
• Indoor heated swimming poolDining
The Piccolo Mondo is an elegant restaurant ideal for any occasion, while The Il Ritrovo Lounge offers a more informal environment with a resident pianist.Business
• Conference facilities for up to 160 delegates
• Business centre
• Complimentary internet accessGautrain Station:
Gautrain is a high-technology rapid rail network that will run between Johannesburg and Tshwane. There are 24 luxury trains that will travel in both directions.
Gautrain will safely run at a high speed of 160 kilometres per hour with quick stops at ten stations.
The room was very nice although the view over the taxi rank was not great. The staff were friendly and polite. Food at Piccolo Mundo restaurant very good.
For a 5 star hotel it was average. TV remote's batteries were flat. Shower took 5 minutes to heat up. Nobody escorting you to the room and showing you around.
It was top class.
We as a family were very disappointed with the Michelangelo Hotel. In particular the rooms. The shower in our room was not in proper working order nor was the bathtub (the hand shower). Also the television sets were poor. The reception was very bad as was the sound. And for a 5 star establishment the bedding was not anything close to what we expected. Overall, it was a lot of money to spend on a place that provided us with less than adequate service. Sadly they do not live up to their very high reputation.