The Hermitage Valley Treehouse is a luxury self-catering cabin perched among large pine trees. The Treehouse sleeps two adults in a beautiful bedroom with a comfortable queen size bed, where you wake up to magnificent views. A third person (adult or child) can be accommodated on a comfortable built-in sleeper couch in the lounge.
The open plan kitchen is fully equipped with all you will need to get homely in the kitchen, including gas stove, microwave, bar fridge, coffee plunger, good knives and utensils, as well as a few basic necessities (salt, pepper, sugar, tea, coffee etc).
The sunny lounge, dining nook and outside deck have breath-taking views of the land, the mountains, and sunsets.
The wooden Treehouse is lovingly decorated, creating a warm and natural atmosphere with elegant simplicity. Your comfort and convenience have been considered in all the careful attention to detail. Quality cotton linen and luxury bath towels are provided as well as eco-friendly bathroom products for the indoor and outdoor shower.
Bring your own swimming towels for swims in our natural farm dam or for luxuriating in the infrared sauna, complete with light therapy and sound system.
The setting is simply idyllic, with a serene natural pond, a swimming dam, horse paddocks, an indigenous garden, and stunning views of the Langeberg mountains. Located on the edge of Marloth Nature Reserve, this is a true Nature Lover’s Paradise, whether for a relaxing break, an active outdoor adventure, or an out of the ordinary business stay. Each season reveals its own secret beauty, making this a special place to visit year round.
Swim in the dam, greet the horses, relax under the trees, book a pedicure on site or melt away your stress in the infrared sauna. For the active and adventurous, the property is surrounded by dirt tracks for walking, mountain biking or horse riding. Swellendamâ??s restaurants, shops and market are 5 minutes away, while the berry farms and golf course are even closer.
Experience luxury off-the-grid living thanks to efficient design, modern technology and responsible use. Gas fuels our hot water and stove, while the suna’s energy powers all our lights and appliances with an ample 3000 kW system (no paraffin lamps). A grey water system and septic tank feed our beautiful land, with only biodegradable products to be used (all supplied).
We can supply extras to make your stay more enjoyable, including a double hammock, lilo, braai, an artistan’s easel, baby cot and stroller.
We are 5 min from town down a dirt road so your own car is essential.
- Our property borders a larger dam, where you are welcome to swim and paddle in your own canoe/kayak.
- Take a walk, run or mountain bike ride from our property, either on the main dirt road or exploring the kilometres of tracks through the surrounding plantations.
- Visit Marloth Nature Reserve with its Afromontane fynbos, indigenous forests, rich bird life and small mammals, and cool down in mountain streams and waterfalls on walks of varying levels starting at the Marloth office. Go solo or with a guide (additional fee - please inquire when placing your booking).
- Private access to spectacular waterfall with our hiking guide
- 9-hole Golf course
- Visit the two Berry Farms: have a liqueur tasting, pick your own fresh berries in season and buy fresh or frozen berries.
- Explore the historic town of Swellendam 5 minutes away, with the Drostdy Museum, Under the Oaks Saturday market, shops and multitude of restaurants.
Please note that the owners take no responsibility for any injuries occurred while using the facilities provided.
Activities On the property:
- Relax with books and games provided
- Swim and cool down in the secluded farm dam with freshly circulating natural water
- Wander and ponder through the indigenous garden, along the stream, and a newly established food forest
- Take a picnic in the shade next to the pond
- Enjoy therapeutic sessions in the infrared sauna with full glass sides facing the mountain.
- Bird watching - incredible varied bird life
- Meet and greet the horses, and join in their feeding and grooming
- Book a horse ride or simply an introduction to horse interaction on the ground (additional fee please inquire when booking)
- Book a pedicure in the comfort of the Treehouse (additional fee - please inquire when booking)
If cancelling 5 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
Our land is off the beaten track and so a little tricky to find.
1: What 3 Words address: ///inhales.lasts.shorter
2: G Maps: XCXG+PW Swellendam
3: Address: The WELL, Erf 7 4 2 1, Hermitage North Avenue, The Hermitage Valley, Swellendam, South Africa
4: Coordinates: Latitude -34.0054861 and Longitude 20.427401
5: Layman: Driving along Voortrekker Street in Swellendam turn towards the mountain on Andrew Whyte Street (at Lilys restaurant), we are 2 km from where the dirt road starts (dirt road starts at the golf course). You will see red tyres with aloes on the left, we are on the right.