Perfectly positioned in the very heart of De Waterkant Village, Hotel Charles is a private, intimate and original boutique hotel.
From the roof decks of Hotel Charles, guests can enjoy beautiful city views, especially late afternoons when the city lights up and the evenings come alive.
Positioned opposite the gorgeous al fresco styled Cape Quarter piazza and the flamboyant crowd at Manhattans Restaurant and bar, Hotel Charles can be described as being The Spirit of the Village in a town that surely is The fun Capital of Cape Town.
Hotel Charles accommodation:
Hotel Charles was originally created by adjoining three adjacent historical houses, whilst maintaining the historical Georgian faade. Each room has an individual positioning and design, and the multi-levelled layout of the hotel is joined by inner and outer staircases.
The interior styling is a mixture of original old Cape Cottage furniture; mostly oak, yellow wood, stink wood and pine, with some contemporary modern and African pieces. Today the style is described as eclectic and creates opportunity for the spaces to develop and flourish over time.
Rooms feature, a refreshment station with tea & coffee making facilities, mini fridge, safe, hairdryer, ceiling or standing fans, built-in or on request wall heaters and free wifi.
Hotel Charles is located in De Waterkant, roughly situated between Signal Hill and the Waterfront, between the CBD and Green Point.
- De Waterkant Village is located in De Waterkant, roughly situated between Signal Hill and the Waterfront, between the CBD and Green Point.
- Exit Airport Direction N2 Cape Town, and as you approach the city, follow the N2 CITY, FORESHORE, SEA POINT signage.
- Follow N2 Stad/City signs for 22kms until you arrive at the Coen Steytler Avenue traffic lights.
- The Cape Town International Convention Centre is on your left hand side and the V&A Waterfront on your right hand side.
- Proceed straight over the intersection.
- Cross over two more intersections and at the third traffic light, Strand Street, turn right.
- Turn into the fourth road to your right, Loader Street.
- Almost immediately, the roads makes a 90 degree turn to the left.
- Take the next right and Hotel Charles will be on your left.