The historical town of Swellendam is the 3rd oldest town in South Africa and is rich in heritage and remains a popular stop over, allowing travellers the opportunity to relax, reflect, recharge and enjoy the many attractions and activities.
is the official Baz Bus and Mzansi Bus stop, the hop-on hop-off backpackers bus services is a convenient, flexible and safe way to visit Swellendam and will drop you off at our front door.
Whether it’s sipping a glass of Robertson Wine around the fire, lazing in a hammock with a favorite book or enjoying one of the many hiking, mountain biking and horse riding trails you are after, you’ll find all of this and more at Marloth Lodge.
Marloth Lodge accommodation:
Marloth Lodge offers nine en suite rooms, stylish but minimally decorated, comfortable and cozy. The Triple en-suite room has 3 beds in and is ideal for a small family or friends traveling together. The Twin en-suite rooms each have two comfortable 3/4 beds in, lovely airy rooms with lots of windows. The Family Unit consist of two rooms next to each other with connecting door, both rooms have their own bathrooms, one room with double bed and the other with twin 3/4 beds.
Two Private Double Bed en-suite rooms are part of the main house, both with private entrance. Our rustic Wooden Huts are furnished with a double bed in each, the ablution facilities for these are next to the main house. This option is good for the outdoor type only, available December - March only.
Marloth Lodge facilities
The Lodge is within easy walking distance of the local shops, banks and a variety of restaurants.
- Lounge and Fireplace
- Linen Supplied
- Housekeeping facilities
- Outdoor Braai or BBQ facilities
- No Curfew
- Large Garden and Picnic Areas
- Indoor Fire place for the cooler winter evenings
- Coffee Station
- Laundry Facilities
- Credit Card Facilities
- Horse Trails - through the Marloth Nature Reserve, booking is essential.
- Bontebok National Park - self drive
- Cape Agulhas Southern Most Tip Of Africa - self drive
- De Hoop Nature Reserve - self drive
- Robertson Wine Route - self drive
- Klein Karoo Hotsprings - self drive
- Barrydale Wine and Brandy Cellars
- Bontebok National Park
- Buffelsjagsdam Sundowner Cruise
- Whale Watching at Cape Infanta
- Drostdy Museum Complex
- Hermitage Youngberry Farms
- Malgas Ferry
- Marloth Nature Reserve
- Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
- Stormsvlei Dried Flowers
- Swellendam Arts and Crafts
- Swellendam Historic Walk
- Sulina Faery Sanctuary
- Suurbraak Crafters
- Tradouw Pass