Welcome to the jewel of Somerset West, and the stylish comfort of Stellendal Guest House situated on the Cape Wine route.
This 80-year-old Cape-Dutch style house has been lovingly refurbished with a touch so sure that the air of serenity remains virtually undisturbed.
Garden greenery, secluded nooks under burgeoning oak trees, and an idyllic pool create a haven of peace amidst the bustle of daily life, where you have time to tune into the song of birds, the croaking of frogs.
Enjoy breakfast with a wide selection of fresh fruits, yoghurts, cereals, oven baked assortment of breads, cheeses and cold meats and a variety of fresh juices.
Stellendal is conveniently situated on the fringes of the Somerset West business hub, so guests are within walking distance of shops and a
cosmopolitan buzz of restaurants.
The town is central for the wine route and for beaches – 10 minutes to Strand, 15 minutes to Gordon’s Bay – and historic Stellenbosch is a mere 20-minute drive away.
For the more energetic, cycle tours can be arranged, as well as hikes in the nearby Hottentots Holland Mountains. A minimum of 5-6 guests is
required for each. Facilities and services
* Secluded areas for alfresco entertaining
* Car rental directly from Stellendal Guesthouse against flexible and favourable conditions
* Braai area
* Dinner available on request
* Secure off-road parking
* Swimming pool
* Spacious gardens
* Optional cycling tours, under Paul’s direction. Ask for further information
* Optional day-long hikes, from easy to more advanced, under direction of Marjolein. Ask for further information
* Airport pick-up and drop off Accommodation
The 8 en-suite double bedrooms offer guests a taste of Africa, the Bushman room and the Ndebele room, for instance:
* 7 double rooms en suite (with shower)
* 3 cottages en suite (bath and shower), with well-equipped kitchen and dining area
* 1 double room en suite (shower) with private veranda.
The accent is on simplicity and comfort; so, for example, the beds are extra-long, and low-level heating keeps the indoor temperature pleasant.
Gleaming wood, padded sofas and a large fireplace accentuate the elegance of the lounge/dining room. Here guests can gather for a drink, or – if they wish – enjoy a home-prepared dinner.
The three cottages offer all the conveniences the traveller needs for a comfortable stay, and children can also be accommodated.
Stellendal Guest House is also an extremely good venue to rent fully. Small enough for a relaxed atmosphere but big enough for a professional approach. For weddings, private business meetings but also family meetings Stellendal Guest House offers the perfect venue.
I would love to have my own kettle and bar fridge in the room. Excellent otherwise.