Located at the foothills of the Waterberg, Shakama Game Lodge is a piece of old Africa just over two hours from Johannesburg. Situated in malaria-free surrounds, Shakama is set in 6 000 hectares of pristine natural beauty and absolute tranquility. Christened after a rare wild plum tree, Shakama Game Lodge lies at the heart of the evocative Waterberg Estate.
Only accommodate groups of 8 or more
The ideal venue for small conferences, strategic planning sessions or family weekends.
Guests can simultaneously be deep in the bushveld, yet still have easy access to other desired amenities such as the two world-class, 18-hole golf courses at Zebula Country Club and Elements Golf Reserve.
The Shakama reserve is home to a large variety of Plains game, Birds (including some rare species that breed here), Reptiles and Flora.
Shakama Wildlife, a division of Shakama, also breed a number of rare species including Buffalo and Sable. The lodge is ideally suited for eco-tourism offering clear views of game and an endless variety of natural habitat from the guided game viewing vehicle.
Privately owned and managed by a group of well trained people who are all passionate about creating the best experiences and memories for guests and conservation of nature.
Come and enjoy the unspoilt views and absolute tranquility in one of South Africas finest bushveld districts.
Accommodation at Shakama Game Lodge:
Valley Lodge Self-cater with option of chef preparing meals
9 tastefully decorated en-suite bedrooms. Three of these rooms have queen size double beds and six of them have twin beds. The lodge itself offers a main entertainment area comprising an open plan kitchen, bar, lounge and dining table. A boma, veranda lounge and dining area and a special billiard room and lounge add to the experience. The lodge, veranda and pool deck overlook a dam where game can often be seen drinking water and roaming the valley.The lodge is thoroughly equipped with high-end gas stove, fridges, ice machine and 4 flat screen television screens on which a selection of DSTV channels are available including all sports channels.
- Accommodation with linen, towels and amenities
- Daily service
Fine linen, tasteful interior decoration inspired by the natural environment, to create a feeling of comfort and bliss.
Game Drives / Loebies Predator Park
- Take N1 to Polokwane. Take Warmbaths / Bela Bela to the left
Turn right at T-junction as you reach town. Cross the bridge over railway line and turn left at the robot just after crossing the bridge.
- Approximately 100m further this road will make a 90 degree turn to the right, reaching a T-junction with Chris Hani Drive a further 100m after the turn.
- Turn left into Chris Hani Drive. 50m after the Aventura Forever Resorts entrance to your left, turn right into Grobler street, also marked Elandsfontein, Rankins Pass, Alma. (Grobler street becomes Robertson street).
- Drive through suburb and stay on this road for approximately 25km (tar ends after approximately 10 km). Find Shakama gate to your left. Drive on main track for approximately 3.5 km to lodge.