Shakama Game Lodge is a guest farm in the Southern part of the Waterberg - about 30 km North West of BelaBela (Warmbaths). Families and groups of up to 16 guests can come here to relax, team up or confer in extreme privacy and comfort.
Guests can simultaneously be deep in the bushveld, yet still have easy access to other desired amenities such as the two world-class, 18-hole golf courses at Zebula Country Club and Elements Golf Reserve.
Reservations can be made in groups of 4, 8, 12 or 16 sharing. Each room has its own bathroom and there is a choice of double or single beds. The main lodge (available for groups of 8 or more) features a gourmet kitchen, bar with ice machine, lounge with large screen TV and dining room with a boma and braai area.
Large verandas overlook unobstructed scenery and dam with plenty of play space for large and small. Recreational facilities include a sparkling pool, lawn and pool table. Guests can book to go on a game drive with our trained game manager on a game viewing route on the reserve with numerous game including buffalo and other exotic species.
Shakama is popular with small companies for management getaways with a comfortable conference room that can accommodate up to 12 people.
Shakama is primarily a self-catering lodge where guests can prepare their own food and bring drinks but, should the group prefer, we can provide a chef with more than 14 days prior notice and even serve all meals.
- Accommodation with linen, towels and amenities
- Daily service
SELF CATERING SUPPLIES
Guests on self catering reservations must bear in mind that the closest town in which food and beverages can be bought is Bela-Bela (30 km away). Guests staying at Shakama Game Lodge must provide their own supplies to preferably last for the duration of their stay. Chef service or catered options are available on enquiry and must be booked at least 2(two) weeks in advance.GATE ACCESS
As all reservations are made in advance. Gates are access controlled with a keypad and code. We will provide you with a unique code for the gate before your arrival as codes are updated regularly.NEAREST FILLING STATION
The nearest filling station is in Bela-Bela. Guests are advised to ensure that they have enough fuel to reach town on their way back home.WARM CLOTHING & COMFORTABLE SHOES
Always bring some warm clothing for night time around the fire as it invariably gets cold after sunset. Comfortable shoes are recommended.ROAD WARNING
Visitors driving to the farm must be prepared to drive approximately 20 km of dirt road to reach the lodge. Some areas of this road are not suitable for low-profile tyres and/or sports cars. Visitors driving in cars are advised to drive slowly and with caution to ensure a safe and trouble free journey.MALARIA FREE
Shakama falls within a malaria-free area.CHILD POLICY
Children are welcome at our lodge however, parents and guardians must however ensure that their children are supervised at all times and must accept all risks associated with any injuries that may be sustained during their visit.
Children are INCLUDED in the maximum number of PERSONS allowed per room.PET POLICY
We regret to advise that NO PETS ARE ALLOWED on the property.FIREWOOD
Our staff will ensure that firewood are supplied for all designated fireplaces. Guests are however requested to use wood sparingly as these come from a limited source. Any wood used above our normal daily quota will be charged as extra at a rate of R 50.00 per bundle.
Shakama falls within a malaria - free area
- Always bring some warm clothing for night time around the fire as it invariably gets cold after sunset
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended - welcome to a piece of old Africa
Game drives, pool table, putting green, swimming pool & table tennis.
The following penalties will be levied on cancellations of reservations made and confirmed:
No shows will result in a 100% penalty of full fee quoted.
- Take N1 to Polokwane. Take Warmbaths / Bela Bela to the left
Turn right at T-junction as you reach town. Cross the bridge over railway line and turn left at the robot just after crossing the bridge.
- Approximately 100m further this road will make a 90 degree turn to the right, reaching a T-junction with Chris Hani Drive a further 100m after the turn.
- Turn left into Chris Hani Drive. 50m after the Aventura Forever Resorts entrance to your left, turn right into Grobler street, also marked Elandsfontein, Rankins Pass, Alma. (Grobler street becomes Robertson street).
- Drive through suburb and stay on this road for approximately 25km (tar ends after approximately 10 km). Find Shakama gate to your left.
We have 4 options.
1. Olea cottage (Sleep 4 persons max): 2 bedroom en-suite bathrooms with a kitchen, living area and braai area.
2. Celtis cottage (Sleep 4 persons max): 2 bedroom en-suite bathroom with kitchen, living area and braai area.
3. Boekenhout unit (Sleep 8 persons max): 4 bedroom en-suite bathrooms. With a large kitchen, dinning room and bar area. Also a big boma area for beautiful bush fire atmosphere.
4. Shakama exclusive package (Sleep 16 persons max):
Entire 8 suite lodge and use of all facilities.
4 Bedroom (en-suite) complex including kitchen, bar and boma. (sleeps 8 persons max)
2 Bedroom (en-suite) cottage self catering: 4 x single beds. (sleep 4 persons max)
Kitchen, living room and braai area
2 bedroom (en-suite) cottage self catering: 1 double bed and 2 single beds. (sleep 4 persons max)
Kitchen, living room and braai area.
Book entire 8 suite lodge and all facilities (sleep 16 persons max)