The St Lucia Eco Lodge
is situated in a beautiful tropical garden with breathtaking views over the St Lucia Wetlands and Estuary mouth of Lake St. Lucia where it meets the warm Indian Ocean. The St Lucia Eco Lodge is hard to beat both as a destination and venue.
The best location in St. Lucia Wetlands Park (5 eco-systems). You cannot get any closer. The St Lucia Eco Lodge is set in a tropical paradise of palms, cycads, tree ferns and other exotic plants which attracts a lot of birdlife.
The resort is situated in the famous St. Lucia Wetland Park with access to Cape Vidal, Big 5 game reserves, Zulu cultural villages and self-guided walking trails.
The St Lucia Eco Lodge Accommodation:
All rooms are full self-catering with air-conditioning and are serviced daily. All rooms have with coffee/tea making facilities and are equipped with bath and shower en-suite
All Lodges have ceiling fans and are air conditioned, with individual balconies. The front facing rooms offer sweeping views over the Wetlands.
Facilities at The St Lucia Eco Lodge:
Other facilities include swimming pool with wooden deck & sun loungers, lapa, conference centre, braai areas, bar, in-house restaurant as well as Internet & phone facilities.
There is ample secure parking on the premises.
Airport transfers and all tours are arranged for guests.
The St Lucia Eco Lodge is remembered for their exceptional staff who are all warm, genuine and friendly.
Conference Facilities at The St Lucia Eco Lodge
Our newly built conference centre (the only dedicated conference centre in The Greater St Lucia Wetland & Parks) caters for up to 100 delegates. The Lapa with its wooden sundeck and cosy bar offers magnificent views over the wetlands to the sea.
The Lapa can be used as a conference venue comfortably catering for 35 delegates and is equipped with flip charts, overhead projector, television and VCR.
Activities near The St Lucia Eco Lodge:
The St Lucia Eco Lodge will assist guests with information regarding activities and tours - a few examples are:
- Boat safaris on the lake to see crocodiles on Lake St. Lucia and hippos
- Whale watching in St. Lucia off the coast of the warm Indian Ocean during the winter months.
- Game Reserve excursions - `Big 5` game reserves close to St. Lucia village
- Birding in and around St. Lucia - a variety of habitats (wetlands, grasslands, sand and tropical forests)
- Snorkelling tours to Cape Vidal
- Horse riding in the wetlands of St. Lucia.
- Game Viewing on horseback
- A visit to a traditional Zulu village to experience first hand Zulu culture
- The area is a must for special interest groups like photographers, birders & nature lovers.
- Self-drive safaris. Here`s your chance to see the surrounding area of St. Lucia wetlands in an off-road "buggy" type vehicle escorted by a trained guide.
- Our guests are welcome to play Tennis, golf or squash at nearby Monzi Country Club.
- Turtle tours during November, December and part of January to view the Giant Leatherback turtles at Cape Vidal or St. Lucia returning to lay their eggs on the beaches where they were born.