Safari Guesthouse has five beautiful rooms. These are inspired by our own travels, and each room boasts a unique appeal of its very own. By incorporating our special memories into each of the elegant rooms, we are happy to whisk our guests away on their own exciting journey.
Exquisite views of the Indian Ocean and the world-famous Garden Route await visitors to the Safari Guesthouse. Here, we put comfort and hospitality at the top of the list for our guests. Added to this is a liberal dash of luxury and an undeniable focus on excellent quality and superior service.
Safari Guesthouse is unique for a number of reasons, but the one that really gives it its character and charm is the influence of the owner`s travel around the world. Their adventures to places like South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana, Malawi, Uganda and Namibia add a special flavour to the top-notch comforts of the guesthouse.
This is more than a home away from home, and certainly more than an overnight pit stop. This guesthouse provides a fantastical peek into the adventures that await us all, whether seasoned travellers or those exploring Africa for the first time.
Safari Guesthouse is perched above the Robberg Vlei in Plettenberg Bay and just behind the Robberg Nature Reserve. The rooms and dining area boast breath-taking views of the ocean as it meets the coastline, which is sandy in some places and rocky in others. In fact, these views stretch for miles ahead and, on a clear day, the mountains of the Tsitsikamma can be seen looming proudly over the beautiful valleys and forests of the Garden Route.
Breakfasts are as dynamic as the guests themselves. While traditional options are included, every day is sure to bring with it some delightful surprise. Ingredients are fresh and wholesome, with a focus on raw, responsibly sourced items. Breakfasts are also served outside, next to the swimming pool, for guests that want to soak up the fresh air while they savour the delicious flavours.
As usual, the Western Cape coastline is sure to put on a performance that will impress with stunning views. Dinners are served by request. Dietary requirements are catered to wherever possible.
The lounge invites all of our guests to enjoy views of the ocean, mountains and vlei while reading or catching up on the day`s activities, or while soaking up the warmth of the fireplace on a winter`s evening.
Accommodation at Safari Guesthouse:
The following amenities are available in all rooms:
- Complimentary welcome wine, beer or coffee/tea on arrival
- Television with satellite
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout with Internet access
- Ceiling fan
- Wall heaters in the rooms and bathrooms
- Personal electronic safe
- Luxury percale cotton bedding
- Feather or hypo allergenic pillows
- Hair dryer
- ECOCO shampoo and shower gel (eco-friendly and not tested on animals)
- Tea- and coffee-making facilities
- Complimentary bottle of still water
- Sweets / biscuits
- Fresh fruit by arrival
In addition to the usual facilities and amenities, the Tanzania Room also has a Nespresso machine with complimentary capsules, as well as a complimentary port to make your welcome even warmer.
Health and Climate:
The climate here is generally temperate and pleasant. Summer days see average highs of between 26 and 30 degrees Celsius, and winter days get up to around 18 degrees Celsius, while the nights can be really chilly (although seldom dropping below 10 degrees).
In addition to popular tourist attractions, Plettenberg Bay is also fantastic for surfing, kite surfing, stand-up paddling, snorkelling, Scuba diving, horse riding, bird watching, hiking and cycling. Bird-watching tours and hiking trails are a regular part of our weekly schedule, and we invite guests to join us.
Nearby Golf Courses:
- Plettenberg Bay Country Club (18 holes, par 72)
- Goose Valley Golf Club (18 holes, par 72)
- Pezula Championship Golf Course (18 holes, par 72)
- Simola Golf and Country Estate (18 holes, par 72)
Local Wine Estates:
- Newstead Wines
- Rare Earth Vineyards
- Bramon Wines
- Anderson Wine
- Plettenvale Boutique Vineyard and Winery
- Luka Wines
- Packwood Wine Estate and Dairy
1.12.2015 to 15.1.2016 & Easter Holiday 65 % booking payment is due
- cancel 20 days or less before arrival, on day of arrival, during stay, no show, full booking payment due
- cancel 21 to 30 days before arrival - 35 % of booking payment is due
Off season (35 % of booking payment is due to secure your reservation)
- 20 days or less before arrival, on day of arrival, during stay, no show - full deposit payment due
- cancel 21 to 30 days before arrival - Full refund (less 10% handling fee)
Facilities & Services available:
Special Meals on Request
Parking (off-street - open)
Xhosa / Zulu
Safari Guesthouse is a Guesthouse and Bed and Breakfast in Plettenberg Bay Western Cape South Africa