This stylish and elegant home nestles among sighing hilltop pines in Rome Glen, Somerset West, with mountain vistas on one side and unparalleled views of the ocean of False Bay from Gordon’s Bay to Cape Town, on the other.
The two luxurious en-suite “Rooms with a View” both have double beds and balconies with breathtaking views, making them among the most spectacular of overnight spots in the region.
Your hosts are Danie and Hanli Slabbert, parents of three grown children and a new grandchild. Their family home has been lovingly built and decorated in elegant simplicity reflecting the lands they’ve loved and visited.
The Panorama Suite:
This has two private entrances, one off the pool deck and the other from the balcony on the ocean-facing side of the house with spectacular views.
Neighbouring the famed eco-estate of Boskloof with its abundance of famous Cape Fynbos, this is the perfect spot for bird watching over your morning coffee!
The Helderberg Suite:
This smaller but delightful room also has a private entrance off the covered verandah and pool deck, with glorious views of the vineyards and Helderberg Mountain and the sea.
Room With A View Activities:
- “Rooms with a View” is perfectly situated; this is your vacation paradise with world class shopping and sports of every nature within easy distance!
- There are fabulous safe beaches at the Strand and beautiful walks beside the delightful Lourensford River, tennis, squash, gym, bowls, hiking, and a number of world class golf courses.
- Excellent restaurants also abound in the area. It is 15 minutes equi-distant from the sea and the Helderberg mountain nature reserve famed for its proteas and disas. Historical Somerset West was established in the 1700s. Its lush vineyards and orchards are at the start of the Cape Wine Route.
- All are within easy access on excellent roads; Cape Town Airport (30 mins,) Cape Town City Centre and Table Mountain (30 mins), Stellenbosch, (20 mins) and Paarl (40 mins).
- The magnificent Sir Lowry’s Pass just 10 mins drive has views regarded as the finest in the world! And Hermanus is just an hour to its celebrated whale watching!
Click to display the map