Rooiberg Safaris - A South African dream location that welcomes tourists to experience our warm culture. With no man made structures as far as the eye can see, this 5000 ha reserve sees wildlife roaming free in total privacy.
Our motto is: Arrive as clients, leave as friends."
Included in the rates are all meals, 2 Game drives per day, Free WIFI.
South Africa, especially Western Cape, has a vibrant culture and humanity that can only be found in countries with such a rich heritage and diversity. The common SA friendliness is one that we want to give away in lump sums to those visiting.
A holiday custom fit to your heart`s desire, with an Executive chef preparing African fusion dishes to your liking, anytime you please.
Accommodation at Rooiberg Safaris:
All 3 rooms are fitted with king-size plus beds, with en-suite bathrooms. Rooms are spacious and build to the highest standards. We have supreme linen and towels. All the rooms open to the patio, with baai, fire pit, restaurant facilities, swimming pool and spectacular views of the mountain and Towerkop.
Rooms can be customised to clients preferences, for example a single bed for a child can be provided.
The lodge can be rented as a unit, or as separate rooms. Free WIFI in lodge and rooms.
We are situated between 2 mountain ranges and the view is just amazing! The Klein Karoo have unique flora in the world and we have a waterhole 80 m in front of the lodge, where game regularly comes to drink, to the delight of visitors. We are very private and no other man made structures can be seen.
Every room has it`s our unique South African style and art, as we try to support local upcoming artists.
Clothing and Accessories:
In summer and winter clothing should include clothes for warm weather. Even in winter it can sometimes be quite hot in daytime, depending on weather. In the evenings it can get quite cold and a very good jacket is always a good idea. Should you plan some hiking, make sure to have appropriate hiking boots or at least comfortable tekkies.
Especially in summer swimming clothes and sunscreen are a must!
Health and Climate:
Can be quite hot in daytime, pack light clothes. Sunscreen.
Can be cold at night, bring a jacket.
Good shoes is always a good idea, especially when hiking, but even on game drives.
- Please bring own alcohol!
- The more people you bring, the cheaper the price becomes. We favour Ladismith residents above all others.
- All at own risk. Incl sunscreen!
- Porter toilets or other extra facilities to be rented, the guests will pay. But, we sometimes through in an extra.
- Veld Picnics: * Romantic * Family * Formal * Kids * The SURPRISE PACKAGE,for groups only.
- Kiddies parties: Spoil your child with a veld picnic, including treasure hunt, amazing (and sometimes healthy packages) and it can even turn into a braai for the adults at sunset, with sundowners and a SA braai and menu other activities.
- Braais - These are usually flame grilled on the grill inside the lodge, with side dishes all ready.
- Star gazing The Klein Karoo is ideally situated for stargazing. Please make sure the moon is as small as possible.
- Game Drives
- Bicycle Tours (own bicycle)
- Bird Watching
- Target shooting
- Story telling
- Cooking classes with Executive Chef Willem Kruger: " Food is sexy!" On reservation only.
- Restaurant - From fine cuisine to sushi
- In case of cancellation 50% can be paid back if the period is more than 30 days.
- If less than 30 days, no refund on the deposit.
- In case of no show, full amount.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Tourism Information Desk
Communal Satellite TV
Hiking / Walking Trails
Rooiberg Safaris is a Game Lodge in Ladismith Western Cape South Africa