Rooiberg Safaris Activities:
- Please bring own alcohol!
- The more people you bring, the cheaper the price becomes. We favour Ladismith residents above all others.
- All at own risk. Incl sunscreen!
- Porter toilets or other extra facilities to be rented, the guests will pay. But, we sometimes through in an extra.
- Veld Picnics: * Romantic * Family * Formal * Kids * The SURPRISE PACKAGE,for groups only.
- Kiddies parties: Spoil your child with a veld picnic, including treasure hunt, amazing (and sometimes healthy packages) and it can even turn into a braai for the adults at sunset, with sundowners and a SA braai and menu other activities.
- Braais - These are usually flame grilled on the grill inside the lodge, with side dishes all ready.
- Star gazing The Klein Karoo is ideally situated for stargazing. Please make sure the moon is as small as possible.
- Game Drives
- Bicycle Tours (own bicycle)
- Bird Watching
- Target shooting
- Story telling
- Cooking classes with Executive Chef Willem Kruger: " Food is sexy!" On reservation only.
- Restaurant - From fine cuisine to sushi
Rooiberg Safaris Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
In summer and winter clothing should include clothes for warm weather. Even in winter it can sometimes be quite hot in daytime, depending on weather. In the evenings it can get quite cold and a very good jacket is always a good idea. Should you plan some hiking, make sure to have appropriate hiking boots or at least comfortable tekkies.
Especially in summer swimming clothes and sunscreen are a must!
Health & Climate:
Can be quite hot in daytime, pack light clothes. Sunscreen.
Can be cold at night, bring a jacket.
Good shoes is always a good idea, especially when hiking, but even on game drives.
Rooiberg Safaris Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
If you look for an individual holiday you must visit Rooiberg Safaris. From the first moment on Pieter and his team is looking after you and will fulfill every wish you have. The setting is beautiful, the lodge feels like home after a few hours. Willem is a brilliant chef cooking for you whatever you like. This is how we spent our days: In the morning we had a game drive of two hours, just us four as a family together with Pieter who showed us all the different animals living on this huge farm. When we came back Willem had prepared a full warm and cold breakfast buffet. After breakfast we relaxed at the pool watching the animals walking by. In the early afternoon we went for a hike to find Pieter who had already taken the picnic into the bushes. On return to the lodge we sat down, had cold drinks and the kids cooled down in the pool. The dinner as a five course meal again proofed Willem's great capabilities. We were finishing the days with some glasses of best South African wine in front of the fire listening to the noises of nature. Thank you to everybody at Rooiberg Safaris. You made our first visit to South Africa very special and we will for sure come back again.
Rating: Reviewed by Jens Gerstenberger on 30 October 2017