Riverside Estates is situated on 5 acres in the vibrant harbour village of Hout Bay. This unique retreat is ideal for holidays, business, conferences, team building, weddings and special occasions. The buildings are set out in a lush garden of exceptional beauty.
There are three swimming pools, a quiet stream running through the property, secluded areas for silent meditation and relaxation, and a garden gazebo basking in the early morning sun.
The scenic Hout Bay Valley is 25 minutes from the Waterfront and centre of Cape Town, 30 minutes from the airport, and conveniently close to golf courses, wine estates and the beaches of the Atlantic coastline. It`s first class restaurants, hiking trails, yachting and boating facilities, and its scenic beauty, make it one of the gems of the Cape Peninsula - a place where every wave is a holiday.
Riverside Estates is an elegant and special weddings and function venue with an outdoor gazebo suitable for weddings and other ceremonies, and a functions hall which can comfortably seat 120 guests.
The conference centre consists of 3 adjoining rooms which can be consolidated into one large room holding up to 140 delegates. The garden, gazebo and pool side area are ideal for breakaway discussions and a wide variety of team building exercises.
Accommodation at Riverside Estates:
Luxurious accommodation geared towards your needs
Time is always precious, and the traveller - whether a businessman or holidaymaker - needs an accommodation venue which is comfortable and customer orientated.
That`s exactly what we offer - business and child-friendly holiday accommodation in Hout Bay, Cape Town, uniquely geared to the needs of our guests.
Guests start the day in the breakfast room, which overlooks the main garden area, and end it with a nightcap in the pub, built around a fireplace for the winter nights.
Facilities include a sunlit garden gazebo, three swimming pools and sixteen en-suite double rooms, each one individually decorated and furnished, and comfortably equipped. Various accommodation options include The Manor House, Paddock Lodge, the three Studio apartments and the Treehouse.
We can accommodate a max of 30 guests in our 4 different room types :
- 5 x Standard Rooms bedroom with a king / twin beds, en-suite bathroom, tea coffee making facilities and television
- 6 x Luxury Rooms extra-large bedroom with a king / twin beds, en-suite bathroom, tea coffee making facilities, television and fridge. We can add 2 extra single beds into this rooms to accommodate 1 extra adult or 2 children under the age of 12 years.
- River and Orchid Cottage 2 x 1 roomed cottages, with open plan bedroom, sitting area and kitchen with en-suite. Or combine the 2 cottage to have 1 x 2 bed-roomed cottage ideal for a family.
- Tree House 2 bedrooms with a king / twin beds, 2 en-suites, open plan lounge and kitchen. Own swimming pool and balcony overlooking the mountain steam.
Why stay at RIVERSIDE ESTATES:
- The first EcoCert hospitality accredited establishment in South Africa one of our core values include the Eco-sustainability of our establishment.
- A real home away from home feeling, with friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.
- Beautiful accommodation on a vast property giving our guests the feeling that they are in tranquil setting away from the hustle and bustle of town, but still close enough to enjoy the activities offered by our beautiful Mother City, Cape Town.
- Right next door to the World of Birds.
- Enjoy the sites of Cape Town by hoping onto one of the well-known Red City Buses right from our doorstep.
- Chapmans Peak Drive
- Spectacular beaches
- Hiking trails
- A working fishing harbour
- Yachting and hobicatting in the Bay
- Deep sea fishing
- Seal Island trips
- Charter Boats
- More than 30 restaurants and takeaways fabulous seafood, Italian cuisine, great steaks
- The World of Birds, Africas largest bird park
- Curio shops
- Craft markets
- Township tours
- Art Galleries
- Whale and Dolphin watching
- The Snoek Derby
- Horse riding
Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to arrival, forfeit the full amount.
Cancellations received between 8 - 14 days prior to arrival, forfeit 75% of the full amount.
Cancellations received between 15 - 21 days prior to arrival, forfeit 50% of the full amount.
Cancellations received between 21 - 28 days prior to arrival, forfeit 25% of the full amount.
Facilities & Services available:
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)
Communal Satellite TV
Hiking / Walking Trails
Riverside Estates is a Guesthouse, Self-Catering and Bed and Breakfast in Hout Bay Cape Town Western Cape South Africa