Reeds River Lodge offers self-catering accommodation on the banks of the Skeerpoort River, on the western side of Hartbeespoort Dam, South Africa.
An ideal location to get away from your rushed lifestyle and away from the crowds. Let the sound of nature, the clear running Skeerpoort River and the majestic sight of the Magalies Mountains calm you.
Check in: 13:00 19:00
Check out: 10:00 latest
Our premises is about 1 km from the main gate and a paved road takes you up to the units.
We are located close to the bigger wedding venues, making it ideal for guests attending weddings in the area. This creates a high demand over weekends.
The Skeerpoort River flows all year around, attracting a variety of birds, butterflies and river creatures.
We have 5 open-plan self-catering units, a 6-sleeper unit at the pool, a 4-sleeper and an 8-sleeper. All units have Compact DSTV with limited channels (M-Net, movies, SABC channels, e-TV and sport channels) - on request.
We also have a Big Lapa with bar facility, braai area and swimming pool that will be ideal for birthday functions, small weddings and year end functions.
Midweek specials during the months of January to November make accommodation more affordable for pensioners and those on holiday.
Activities include bird-watching, swimming, walking along, or just relaxing next to the swimming pools or on the river banks.
Non-official "4 star rating", peaceful, bushveld-type accommodation floating in the sound of birds and flowing water.
Nearby facilities and attractions include Restaurants and shops, Golf driving range, Golf courses, horse-riding, Aerial Cableway, hot air ballooning, boat rides, hiking and cycling trails, fishing in the Hartbeespoort Dam, Spa treatments, flea market bargains, snake and animal parks.
Accommodation at Reeds River Lodge:
Small units (Nos 1 5), all identical in structure with an open plan single room setup, can be used as
- 2-sleeper (1 x queen size bed)
- 3-sleeper (1 x queen size bed + 1 x single bed)
- 4-sleeper (1 x queen size bed + 2 x single beds)
The small units are identical and have only one room with a kitchenette corner in an open plan area. This might create a privacy problem when sleeping more than 2 per unit. Behind a wall there is a toilet, basin and shower (no bath tub).
Compact DSTV with limited channels (M-Net, movies, SABC channels, e-TV, sport channels) on request.
6-Sleeper unit (No 6)
2 separate bedrooms with queen beds + loft with single beds. 1 Shower room-area with a toilet, basin and shower (no bath tub). Compact DSTV with limited channels (M-Net, movies, SABC channels, e-TV, sport channels) on request. The pool in front of this unit is for the use of all the guests, but can be reserved exclusively for this unit at an additional cost.
4-Sleeper Unit (No 7)
1 Bedroom with king size bed plus double bunker bed and single bed in living room. 1 Bathroom with a toilet, basin, bathtub and shower. Dining area in unit. Compact DSTV with limited channels (M-Net, movies, SABC channels, e-TV, sport channels) on request.
8-Sleeper Unit (No 8)
2 separate bedrooms with queen beds plus loft (2 x 3/4 beds) + open room (2 x 3/4 beds). 2 Shower room-areas with toilet, basin and shower (no bath tub). Additional guest toilet on ground floor. Dining area in unit. Compact DSTV with limited channels (M-Net, movies, SABC channels, e-TV, sport channels) on request.
- Extreme noise, loud music and fireworks are not allowed on the premises
- Bar fridge, microwave and electric oven in Nos 1 - 5. Gas stove, big fridge and microwave in Nos 6 8
- You bring food, drinks, charcoal, toiletries and pool towels and you need about nothing else (maybe mosquito repellent during summer times for late afternoons outside the units plus fold-up chairs)
- Picnic set (table / chair combination) on the verandas of units Nos 1 6
- Braai on veranda of small units (Nos 1 5)
- Braai area next to swimming pool for guests in No 6
- Drum braais at the 4-sleeper and 8-sleeper units (Nos 7 and 8)
- 2 Swimming pools. The one next to unit No 6 may be exclusively for the guests in No 6 (at additional cost)
Health and Climate:
Hot in mid summer and very cold during winter.
No air conditioners.
Thatch roofs make it bearable when inside.
We provide small heaters and fans when necessary.
- Two Outdoor swimming pools.
- Fishing possibilities on premises (not so easy in river, more for the kids catch and release in our dam).
- Bird watching.
Deposit refund if cancelled 1 month prior to check in.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Pets only by Arrangement
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Reeds River Lodge is a Self-Catering in Hartbeespoort North West South Africa