Built in 1896 by Sir Herbert Baker, this unique heritage Guest House is situated in a quiet street in the beautiful central suburb of Newlands, Cape Town.
Let Reading House Guest House be your accommodation of choice.
With dramatic views of Table Mountain, Newlands has the highest rainfall in South Africa and so provides a lush environment with large trees and green lawns.
Within a 5 minute walk from the Newlands Cricket and Rugby Stadiums, shopping centers and quick access to the main roads, Reading House is the ideal location for the traveler and business executive who needs convenience and a secure environment.
There are five spacious bedrooms all en-suite. The delicious Continental breakfast is serviced from 07h00 to 10h00.
Our chef Albert is a trained Chef Ptissier and produces a delightful five course breakfast. We pride ourselves on our breakfasts which start off with Cereals, followed by fruit platters. Then onto the pastry board with cheese, preserves, hams and nuts. Then a cooked English hot breakfast with a choice of eggs to your order. Of course our breakfast is accompanied with fresh juice, tea and coffee.
Accommodation at Reading House Guest House:
The Overburgh is a large bedroom, with beautiful views towards the Overberg. Kings size extra length bed, couch and table. There is an on-suite bathroom with shower, basin, bath and toilet. There are ample cupboards. Leading off the bedroom is the Gentleman`s Dressing Room which may be used as a second bedroom or study. This is ideal for children who wish to share an accompanying room.
The Sun Room Suite consists of a bedroom with queen size bed, cupboard and dresser together with a private adjoining bathroom with bath and shower, basin and toilet. Next to this is the Small Reading Room which is ideal to sit and read and enjoy the view over Newlands towards Table Mountain. This is also ideal as a second bedroom which shares the bathroom.
The Garden Room - Looking over the Victorian styled garden and onto Table Mountain, the room is spacious and beautifully proportioned in true Sir Herbert Baker style. High ceilings, oregon floors and sash windows are all original and give the bedroom a peaceful ambiance. The bathroom is en-suite, with shower, basin. The toilet is behind a Victorian screen and the guest toilet may be used for those not used to open plan bathrooms if they are sharing. Plenty of cupboard space is available.
1 September to 30 April:
- If cancelled or modified up to 30 days before the date of arrival, 25% will be charged.
- If cancelled or modified up to 21 days before the date of arrival, 50% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- If cancelled or modified less than 14 days before the date of arrival or in the case of no-show, 100% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
1 May to 31 August:
- If cancelled or modified up to 30 days before the date of arrival, 25 % of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- If cancelled or modified up to 14 days before the date of arrival, 50% of the total price of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- If cancelled or modified less than 3 days before the date of arrival or in the case of no-show, 100% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.