Protea Hotel Rustenburg Hunters Rest
is nestled in between the Magaliesberg Mountains and mere 8.5 km from Rustenburg city center. Enjoy a 2.5km hike up to our famous viewing deck situated in the Kgaswane nature reserve, offering spectacular views of the mountain range and the Olifantsnek Dam that were once home to roaming elephant herds. Our hotel offers the perfect family getaway with fun activities that will ensure a memorable experience for all. hotel facilities include a spa, swimming pool, fitness center, golf and conference rooms. Our guest rooms are simple in design yet rich in detail, blending comfort and convenience beautifully with amenities to suit your traveling needs. Nearby attractions include the Royal Bafokeng stadium, Magaliesberg Canopy Tour, Paul Kruger Country House, Cradle of Humankind, Hartebeespoort Dam, Elephant Sanctuary, Maropeng & Sterkfontein Caves.Highlights of Protea Hotel Rustenburg Hunters Rest:
- Whether guests are nature or romantic lovers, sport or active outdoor enthusiasts, our Rustenburg resort will ensure a memorable experience.
- Each of our guest rooms have a patio overlooking the Magaliesburg Mountains with amenities that anticipates your traveling needs.
- Our hotel has ten event venues that allow a variety of setups and professional staff that are experts in planning and hosting events.Accommodation at Protea Hotel Rustenburg Hunters Rest:
- Guest rooms are simple in design yet rich in detail, blending comfort and convenience beautifully
- Watch your favorite programs on the satellite TV
- This hotel has a smoke-free policy
- Stay connected to your worlds, at the office and at home, with uncapped Wi-Fi
- Room features include hair-dryers, electronic safes and fridges on request
- Prepare a fresh cup of coffee or tea in the comfort of air-conditioned accommodation
- Each room has a patio overlooking the Magaliesburg Mountains
15 Standard Twin Rooms
14 Standard Suite Rooms
52 Luxury Twin Rooms
6 Standard Family Rooms
8 Double Deluxe Rooms
3 Luxury SuitesFacilities and services at Protea Hotel Rustenburg Hunters Rest:
- 24 hour security
- 24 hour reception
- Secure parking
- Conference facilities
- universally accessible facilities
- Nature reserve, Hiking and mountain biking
- Heated and cold pool
- Golf Course
- Putt Putt
- Kids play area (indoor and outdoor)
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Limited Room Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Wedding facilities
- Team Building
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Cots available
- Curio Shop
- Internet Access
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Xhosa / Zulu
- Tswana / Sotho
- Games Room
- Mini Golf
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Horse Riding
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Protea Hotel Rustenburg Hunters Rest Activities:
A wide variety of well-kept recreational facilities are available for those who want to play. The 9 hole executive golf course will test the skills of any golfer and the professionally tended bowling green sees the return of many Gauteng clubs year after year.
The heated swimming pools offer all-year-round swimming, two of the four tennis courts are floodlit and the sport centre has a squash court, gym, saunas, steam rooms and a games room with pool, darts, table tennis, etc. A massage and beauty therapist offers aromatherapy treatments on request.
Other amenities available include putt-putt, volleyball, driving range, and a curio shop that carries sweets, necessities and an interesting selection of gifts.
Click to display the map
Protea Hotel Rustenburg Hunters Rest Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 6
reviews. - View all Guest Reviews
The service was outstanding. The politeness of all the staff was exceptional, ie. in the dining room, at the pool, at reception and room staff. Keep it up. We will certainly return.
Rating: Reviewed by edward andrew over a year ago
The rooms were well appointed and very clean. At the time we were there there was a labour issue but we didnt feel that there was any tension at all. It would be nice for a shuttle service to be provided from OR Tambo for visitors like ourselves from outside South Africa. All in all my husband and I enjoyed our stay.
Rating: Reviewed by Hazel Muyawala over a year ago
Lovely setting and gardens. Friendly staff and good food. Found the room and bathroom a bit cold, a heater in the bathroom would be a good idea. We enjoyed our stay overall.
Rating: Reviewed by Maretha Short over a year ago
We really enjoyed our stay at Hunters Rest. We wanted a relaxing break, and that is what we got. The service was first rate, the food was very good and the accommodation was exceptionally comfortable. You really do feel that you have escaped from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Rating: Reviewed by Ilona Shewell over a year ago