Experience life in our quaint fishing village and be captivated by the friendly inhabitants and laidback lifestyle that typify Paternoster. Welcome to Paternoster Dunes Guest House, nestled amongst the dunes of the Atlantic seashore on the West Coast of South Africa.
The unspoilt beauty of the West Coast lies on your doorstep; whether your passion is ignited by the adrenalin rush of kite surfing or sea kayaking, or by soul enriching strolls along the endless beach.
Your hosts, Gavin and Deon, hope you have a memorable, entertaining and relaxing experience and are available to arrange any excursions you may want to indulge in. Let the dunes of Paternoster envelope you.
-Kite surfing or sea kayaking
-Soul enriching strolls along the endless beach.
-Visit the world renowned Pieter Dirk Uys theatre
-Explore the historically fascinating fossil park
-Visit the national parks famous for their birdlife
-Take a rewarding day trip to one of the many wine farms.
From Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 towards Cape Town. Leave the N2 via the M7 offramp. At the Traffic lights turn right on the N7 towards Malmesbury.
- Keep driving on the N7 until you see a sign for MELKBOSTRAND. Take the turnoff left towards Melkbostrand and drive to a set of traffic lights. This is the R27 - turn right. (Follow directions from Cape Town)
Directions from Cape Town:
- (Take the N1 towards Paarl from the City Bowl. The 2nd offramp is the R27 - It includes the names Milnerton and West Coast).
- Take the R27, west coast road, towards Velddrif. 10km after you pass the Langebaan turnoff take the R45 turnoff to Vredenburg. Drive straight through Vredenburg without turning left or right and on to Paternoster (15km).
- In Paternoster turn left at the 4way stop and keep on the road for approx. 1km (past the church) until you see the brown Paternoster Dunes Guest House sign showing you to turn right (the sign is on your left). We are on the right, 100m on - number 18.
Our five individually decorated bedrooms have a lot to offer the three luxury ground floor sea facing rooms allow you to walk straight out to the beach from your private patio while the fourth sea facing room on the first floor has great views and direct access to the beach via its own staircase.
The beautifully decorated courtyard room has a patio from which you can view the sea as well direct access to the beach. Views of the vast Atlantic can be enjoyed from our communal patio, guest lounges, bar and library designed for the privacy and comfort of our guests.