Travel down our dusty farm road and enter our tranquil hideaway. Orchards overlooks the beautiful olive grove on our 30ha farm in the secluded valley of Tulbagh.
We rent the entire house out on a self catering basis. Guest Farm
If you are looking for an escape from the stresses of life, why not relax in the countryside in your own private house tucked away between the apricot and nectarine orchards.
This beautiful guest house has all the comforts of home, coupled with views that are out of this world!
The house is rented out on a self catering basis for up to 10 people.
It has 3 spacious double, en-suite bedrooms which open onto a reed and vine covered veranda with beautiful views of the surrounding olive groves, mountains, spectacular sunsets and the tranquility of the countryside.
One of the rooms boasts a queen sized brass bed and a fireplace for chilly winter days. The other 2 rooms have oil heaters. They all have fans for summer.
The living area is open plan and has a fully equipped industrial kitchen (also used as a cooking school) with a separate scullery containing a dishwasher. The dining area seats up to 8 at an oregon table.
The spacious lounge is comfortably furnished and has a fireplace, air conditioner, TV and i pod docking station. There are French doors onto the terrace which has a built in braai.
The guest house is fully equipped with linen, towels, crockery and cutlery.
Cooking at Orchards
Our cooking courses vary in duration from weekend to overnight to evening and are designed for any level of cooking ability. Each course involves a hands on approach as well as practical tips and demonstrations.
Oour focus is to allow the everyday person to be more experimental and to realize that cooking is an adventure and can be a fun experience.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
Room 1 has a queen and a bunk bed. The en-suite bathroom has a large walk in shower, basin and toilet.
Room 2 has 4 singles, the bathroom is the same as room 1's.
Room 3 has a queen and a single and the bathroom has a bath with overhead shower.
Orchards Guest Farm Activities:
- Why not enhance your cooking skills or brush up on international cuisine like Italian, Lebanese or Thai at our cooking school on the farm.
- Discover the history of Tulbagh in one of the many museums in the village.
- Taste some of the award winning wines and olive oils of the valley, some within walking distance of the farm.
- Hiking, cycling, fishing, swimming, birding are just a few of the things available.
- Tulbagh is also centrally situated, making it an ideal base to explore many other interesting villages in the area.
Click to display the map