Old Thatch Lodge is a "National Monument" built in Cape Victorian style and was the townhouse from Mr Reitz, the governor in the early 1900`s.
The family Reitz lived actuality on a farm but came to town on special days and church days where they stayed what now is called Old Thatch Lodge.
Enjoy the privacy in two of the double rooms, the luxury of a big family suite, with separate entrance from the garden or the special honeymoon suite, also with separate entrance direct to the garden.
The lovely atmosphere from the lounge invites you for a cosy evening on the open fire place. Feel free to use the B&B kitchen or have a nice braai in our wonderful garden.
In the morning we celebrate your holiday with a champagne breakfast.
Your car can be securely parked on the property. I would like to welcome you and it`s my greatest pleasure to help you with tips for your wonderful stay in South Africa.
Accommodation at Old Thatch Lodge:
My Nectarine Suite - A big family suite for 4 people, with a lounge with television (SABC 1,2,3 and e-tv), the sleeping area have a big double bed and over a few steps you come up to a open galerie where you find 2 single beds. The suite have a separate entrance from the garden with a small terasse in front, an en suite bathroom with shower and bath facilities.
My Apricot Suite: - A cosy honey moon suite with a double bed and television (SABC 1,2,3 and e-tv), a separate entrance from the garden and en suite bathroom with a shower.
The Orange room: - A double room with a large double bed (two mattresses) and en suite bathroom with shower in the main house.
The Mango room: - A double room in the main house with 2 single beds and en suite bathroom with bath and shower facilities.
The Lemon room: - A small double room with a double bed also in the main house with en suite bathroom with shower facilities.
- Swellendam is third oldest town in South Africa and offer a beautiful museum, calls the DROSTY.
- The museum is situated in different houses, they also stay between normal townhouses.
- You get a plan and can walk from house to house and find out the interesting history.
- You can explore the MARLOTH Nature reserve on the back of a horse, on a mountain bike, or you make a hiking trail to 3 beautiful waterfalls in the mountain.
- The BONTEBOK Park direct situated on the Breede River offers you his nature with his unique bonteboks.
- The 9 hole Golf course is beautiful situated on the feet of the Langeberge.
- Swellendams very special "Young berry" farmers invite you for tasting their famous young berry liqueur.
- And SULINA brings a smile on your face with her fascinating ferry garden.
- From Swellendam you can start wonderful day trips. A trip to the DE HOOP Nature reserve is every time a high light.
- Or go for a swim in the Indian Ocean to Arniston and have a look for the southern tip of Africa.
- The wine region around Swellendam and Robertson is beautiful. The wine farms offer their excellent products and much more.
- A trip to Montagu along the Langeberg mountains ends with a jump in the hot springs.
- Around Swellendam is a lot to explore, take your time and make your holiday to a little adventure trip.
- 50% deposit required. Less than 7 days notice, forfeit the full deposit.
- From 7 to 14 days notice, forfeit 75% of the deposit.
- From 14 to 21 days notice, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- From 21 to 28 days notice, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
- Full payment is required if cancellation occurs on day of arrival or during stay.
Direction from Cape Town coming:
- You take from the N2 the first possibility to turn in to Swellendam.
- You come on a big 4way stop and turn right in the mainroad from Swellendam - Vortrekk Street.
- After approximately 2 km you see on your left side a church and on your right side a supermarket called "Olyfberg Supermarket".
- In the bent from the mainroad left you turn into MOOLMANSTREET. Big sign.